Need For Speed Most Wanted problem!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restricted User Account

Is there any way to run Need for speed Most Wanted without the DVD with an image as a restricted user account?

I mention that I used Daemon Tools with a maxi image of the game but any kind of Speed load work only as Administrator.

Is it possible that Daemon tools succeeds to be the only tool (without Safedisk hider and the others)?

Comment

Originally Posted by remuss
      Is it possible that Daemon tools succeeds to be the only tool (without Safedisk hider and the others)?
      You can unplug your optical IDE drives or put them on an additional IDE controller (you can get those for $20).
      "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

use this to play.... use SAFE DISK 4

and u must have only one Virtual CD with the Cd1 monted...

Comment

I am using 4 virtual drives all at the same time with 1 mounting the need for speed cd 1. To play I use safedisk4 hider 1.1, and the game works, even with patch 1.3

Comment

Digging

It seems that the speed.exe is spawning another executable (a Macrovision Cleaner) in user's temporary folder. And the user is not allowed to execute programs outer Windows or Program Files folders. So it seems that it's not a Daemon Tools question but a devil's protection scheme.
            Originally Posted by NetSoerfer
            You can unplug your optical IDE drives or put them on an additional IDE controller (you can get those for $20).

Comment

Hi, Ive got the DVD version of NFS MW ive monted it with DT and installed it, but when i click the play button it says,

"speed.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close"

Can anyone help !!!

please!!

Comment

You shouldn't be having these problems, I think the crash picture posted above is rare. Does your .exe file crash like that too? You should try safedisc 4 hider or unplugging your CD or burner drives.

Comment

Yes Ive tried taking my dvd drive out, bit i still get that error,

I really need someone to help...

Comment

try starting the .exe with the win95 or win98 compatibility settings.
                    a friend of mine had the same prob with FEAR and MOTO GP 3.
                    then it might be that u have to use SFN or unplug ur IDE.
                    Greetz LooDos
                    My sysProfile!

Comment

Erm, Most Wanted does not have SF3 as a copy protection (at least my legal copy bought in the US does not), and as such unplugging your IDE drives OR using SFN is rather an error source than anything else.

The error message : "<insert-game-name>.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" is rather hinting to a conflict somewhere else, see what the event viewer has to say, if your DirectX is installed and updated and/or if your gfx-card is updated.
                      If the minimum wasn't acceptable it wouldn't be called the minimum.

Comment

Originally Posted by Lord_Anubis
                        Erm, Most Wanted does not have SF3 as a copy protection (at least my legal copy bought in the US does not), and as such unplugging your IDE drives OR using SFN is rather an error source than anything else.
                        Wrong. It does not use StarForce, but SecuROM v7 and SafeDisc 4.6 have SCSI blacklists too so you need to at least hide your optical IDE drives. You could use SFN for that, but the safest way of hiding them without messing up your system is unplugging them.

The error message : "<insert-game-name>.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" is rather hinting to a conflict somewhere else, see what the event viewer has to say, if your DirectX is installed and updated and/or if your gfx-card is updated.
                        This is correct. If the SCSI blacklist or a bad image were the problem, you'd be told to insert the original CD-ROM.
                        "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Originally Posted by NetSoerfer
                          Wrong. It does not use StarForce, but SecuROM v7 and SafeDisc 4.6 have SCSI blacklists too so you need to at least hide your optical IDE drives. You could use SFN for that, but the safest way of hiding them without messing up your system is unplugging them.
                          My bad then

Without trying to diss an admin here (which I am not), I would just like to mention that I would not even touch SFN, let alone let it disable my drives for protections like SecuRom7 or SafeDisk4.x. While I agree that the option is possible (though the last option someone would come to if a group's nfo of an image of this game already mentions using a "hider" which are commonly known as SR7.stop or SD4.hide) I would not do it nor recommend it to anyone if I was ever asked, SFN is for SF3, hence the name.
                          If the minimum wasn't acceptable it wouldn't be called the minimum.

Comment

but if u dont like to work around on ur PC u can use SFN for avoiding SCSi blacklisting, because a friend of mine had the same prob with Moto GP 3 and he had to run it in the compatibility mode and SCSi hide stuff didn't work so he used SFN and it worked!
                            i'm also against this SFN sh!t because once i disabled my primary master and guess what happened?!
                            My sysProfile!

Comment

Need Help !!!

I got NFS Most Wanted today ( 4 cds) and I am having problems playing it and using the Daemon Tools in it. I am new at this forum and this is my first post.

What I tried is as follows:-

1--I installed the game, then the daemon tools. I used safedisc 4 hider v1.1. Then I tried various combinations of emulation options. When I have the safedisc option, and then i try running the game, the page goes blank as when a game starts and then it returns to the normal. No errors, no nothing.

2--I used the safedisc blocker and the result is same. The page goes blank and instead of going further into the game, it comes back to my desktop page. Even no error messages.

I desperately want to play this game. Can someone plz clarify and more importantly tell the solutions in steps that can be easily followed (I have seen some real geeky explanations on this forum already)??

Eagerly awainting for ur replies...

P.S.--I have played the demo on my system and it ran okay. My system is not the latest one, but it shud be able to run this game. So plz dont have ne doubts on that front. N i have DirectX 9.0c. Plus, there was plenty of free disk space on my hard drive. But I havent checked the Virtual Memory settings. How much shud I have for playing NFS MW?

Comment

omg soon i will puke -.-&quot;

hey guys,
                                even if i am an experienced player and dt user, i still have
                                very sh*tty problems with it:
                                ->i install nfs mw through .mdf file
                                ->i try every single way to mount the mdf file and to hide my drives
                                ->every time the same sh*t: the start screen appears for a second and i have a choice of sending my problem-report or not -____-

plz help me,thx lazer
                                Last edited by lazer; 18.12.2005, 13:40.

Comment

Working...
                                X