No cd error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No cd error

ok i am having troubles, whenever i mount an image it tells me to insert the disk. I installed from the image but it still says to insert the disk, but the image is perfect. I used alcohol 120% to make the image plz help

gonna need more info then that. Game name would be a start. Anything and everything you got if you want this fixed.

Comment

What kind of copy protection is on the disk?
      Use A-Ray Scanner to find out.

Comment

Ok the game is worms 2 and i'm not sure about protection

Comment

How do you know you made a good image if you don't know what the protection is?
          Creating a working image depends on the right settings in Alcohol, and you need to know what the protection is to select the right settings.

I suggest you follow Methadon's advice, to use A-Ray scanner to find out what protection is on the disk.

Comment

Ok, i did all 3 scans in order and it said:

[17:48:26 PM] --- File(s) Scan Finished [24.15s] ---
            [17:50:52 PM] No Protection detected -> D:\Worms 2 [CBFEDDAB]
            [17:51:13 PM] --- File(s) Scan Finished [3.31s] ---

so if theirs no protection then y won't this work?

Comment

worms 2 was safedisc i think, old version, shouldnt be a problem with dt4
              my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

then y am i getting these problems?

Comment

Hmmm, is worms 2, two disks? Games a little to old for my memory. Probably not. Are you using 120 to mount the image to play or Dt4?

Comment

dt4, but i've tried 120 neither work, and its 1 disk

Comment

recreate the image

Try recreating the image file with the most recent version of Alcohol 120% using the safedisc profile, ignore read errors checked, and Data Position Measurement turned off.
                      the modern world:
                      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

No go, i have ripped diablo 2 and starcraft without problems, i will state everything i know for one last shot at this, if it doesn't work... i'm not too upset.

Worms 2
                        No CD or directory protection
                        audio cd with data (cuz if u put it in a cd player it plays the soundtracks)
                        the error claims that it cant find audio

if anyone knows of a solution PLEASE help... I BEG OF YOU!

Comment

For old games the lowest drive letter may need to be assigned. Another thing, I read something about analog emulation being removed in DT4.

Comment

The analog thing is only for sound, which is no longer used in Windows XP.
                            I think the problem is with the drive letter, as JoelEllison stated. You can swap drive letters in Windows XP Disk Management to fix this, making Daemon Tools your first CD/DVD drive.
                            Only change drive letters for CD/DVD drives, not for your harddisk(s).
                            Last edited by Reef; 09.12.2005, 14:39.

Comment

Working...
                            X