My Computer was blacklisted o.O?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Computer was blacklisted o.O?

Ok i have had emulation software for a while now and randomly a while ago I tried playing a game. Pacific fighters. It always worked up untill then, where it's suddenly gives me the "using virtual drive" error crap. I brushed it aside because i don't play it enough anymore.
    Now I go get Civilization 4 and it wouldn't work. Same error occurs as PF gave me, it says emulation software detected (little spiffier looking though, nice new look safedisc 4.6). I turned off all my emulation software and there are NO virtual drives. STILL it gives me this error?
    Now who can tell me what obvious thing I'm missing? I have both an original copy of the DVD and an Image of it on hand.
    I have one DVD, HP DVD Writer 640c, and one HD, good old regular HD.
    I tired all the sd4hide,sd4block, ect. ect. with both the original and image... no luck.
    Any ideas to help me furhter probe the problem is also appreciated

Try to uninstall CloneCD if installed.

Or clean your registry of traces of CloneCD.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Brilliant, worked like a charm.
      Now I know why my friend gave me his clonecd for free to me...
      Why does it do that even when I deactivate all my virtual drives? Are they trying to force any company that makes programs for virtual drivers go out of business?
      Wrong really, first time I've seen a game force me not to use another product. It's truly sad when they fear illegal usage so much they take away it's legal usage to the point of THIS...
      EDIT: Civ4 works now, was my own fault. All is well.
      Last edited by Wolfiefang; 05.12.2005, 04:28.

Comment

Working...
      X