Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard Job

Originally Posted by Vulcan Raven
    Now I have tried to post this 6 times allready, But every time it says I posted it but the post does not show.

Becaz the admin/mod Doesn't permit ur post until they decide the post is ok. Its prevent spamming, Good job mod/admin.

I wonder how do u do that, CZ thousand of post made every day by lots of people like me . Its a hard job uffffff.
    Boycott Starforce

Comment

Originally Posted by ISO
      Becaz the admin/mod Doesn't permit ur post until they decide the post is ok. Its prevent spamming, Good job mod/admin.

I wonder how do u do that, CZ thousand of post made every day by lots of people like me . Its a hard job uffffff.
      You have no idea, especially with all the people not bothering to read the "Common Problems and Solutions" (where they'd find why they apparently cannot post) but instead double- or triple- (apparently even hextuple-) posting... *sigh*
      "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

What if I have a laptop ??

I have a laptop with an internal cd/dvd drive...

Uninstalled it in windows, disabled it in BIOS, disabled secondary IDE channel in device manager,
        tried sfcure and sfnightmare - no luck - Insert POP3 to another drive error.

what can i do if i CAN'T disconnect CD/DVD cable ?

Comment

Unpluging cables is not an option

If you are desktop user unpluging cables from CD/DVD drives is no big task (you need less then a minute). But if you use laptop then StarForce 3.6 is big problem. I cant take my whole laptop apart everytime...some of you probably chenged DVD drive in laptop b4 so you know its no easy, quick or safe task.
          I guess for laptop users there wont be any backuping/mounting anymore..i'll just cary whole bag of DVDs with me from now on

Comment

Originally Posted by ISO
            Disable IDE channel not working for starforce 3.6 and above.

If u have starforce 3.5 or less protected games then it definetly work.

Starforce 3.6 need to unplug the IDE for playing the game.
            thatz not true i played both king kong and pop:ttt..and i only need to diable from device manager...i think it's a nforce thing
            Athlon64 3000+@2.6GH, DFI NF4 Ultra-D, 1.0G OCZ(2-3-2-5), Asus Radeon X800XL

Comment

Originally Posted by mesh0r
              morning

apsexx it doesn't work for me... but the question is why?
              any suggestions?

greets
              too be honest i'm still new to this whole thing...but wut i would try is uninstall everythin'...the game u r playing and the sf driver, and then disable all the ide/atapi controllers that ur opt drives are connected to and run dt4 with all emu on...that worked for me...and i got a nforce4 ultra chipset..soo...pretty sure the sli should work...??

nice rig u got ther btw
              Athlon64 3000+@2.6GH, DFI NF4 Ultra-D, 1.0G OCZ(2-3-2-5), Asus Radeon X800XL

Comment

@t038682

I don't know where in my post you read that i make image with files missing?
                I will give the instructions again below, follow them and you will make a starforce backup from your (ORIGINAL COPY).

Get the latest version of alcohol 120% and btw its 40% off xmas special at the moment or you can download a trial http://www.alcohol-soft.com/ 30 days free trial (very generous).

You need a nice clean install of windows NOT an os thats been going for a year thats corrupted, no sarforce nightmare starforce cure crap and NEVER EVER any starforce game thats ever been on the os even if its been uninstalled and you have used the starforce driver removal tool as it will STILL leave drivers on the os,once all of the condition above are met you will make a good backup of a starforce game.

Install alcohol and leave it at default it will install a virtual drive but uninstall the virtual drive in alcohol before you start as we use daemon-tools virtual drive.
                Put your original starforce game in your burner and as soon as you shut the tray hold the shift key down on your keyboard for 20 seconds.

Open alcohol and on the left choose emulation and untick the three boxes and clik ok, and choose image making wizard and choose your burner (if you have more than one) choose starforce 123 profile, set the read speed to 8, you will see data position measurement set to normal with box ticked,click next and choose the location to save the image....click start and it will ask for dpm measuring speed....choose 4 speed...click ok.
                Now go and feed the cat while it creates your image

Now never ever ever ever install your game from the original cd in an ide drive ever!!!
                We mount our image in daemon-tools v4 to install the game.
                Mount install click your desktop short cut to the game and starforce will say to restart your machine so it can activate its sneaky little virus
                If your running version 3.4 or prior versions of starforce you can disable your drive in device manager...the newest versions of starforce need your ide drives unplugged.
                Make sure you enter your game key correct when starforce asks with spaces like this...6kthf-erjvd- NOT 6kthferjvd

And to make good backup of your original starforce game you must work with a clean harddrive that has never ever seen starforce drivers installed.

And back to topic reading on the net prince of persia TTT runs fine in DT4 with drives unplugged

Comment

Originally Posted by aspexx
                  thatz not true i played both king kong and pop:ttt..and i only need to diable from device manager...i think it's a nforce thing

wow that's awesome that you got king kong and prince of persia working on your nf4 . i'm having a major problem with prince of persia on my nf4 dfi sli-dr and dual core a64. the game would load up and ask me to create a profile. as soon as i type in a name and hit enter, the game crashes and bluescreen. you're lucky that all you have to do is disable the ide drives in device manager. i had to physically disconnect the power connector to the drives . my pc is very unlucky with sf protected games . sucks.

Comment

I'm not using RAID and i have disconnected my one and only dvd reader, still i get that annoying reboot when it tries to check the discs. Anyone knows how to solve this ?

Comment

Originally Posted by rawrrawr
                      I'm not using RAID and i have disconnected my one and only dvd reader, still i get that annoying reboot when it tries to check the discs. Anyone knows how to solve this ?
                      one possiblity is your system settings. go to system properties, advanced, and start up and recovery settings. turn off the automatically restart option if it's on.

if not, sorry I'm unable to help. ^_^b

Comment

problem solved

Just wanted to say hi,i'm new to this forum.

Thanks for all the help, i just made POP TTT work, even though i had to disconnect the cables.

Great site guys.

Comment

Please explain how to play POP3

Originally Posted by ManMountain
                          As was Peter Jackson's King Kong, Prince of Persia T2T uses StarForce 3.6.10.6.

I have done everything but I can't play . I've disconnected the drives but it still doesn't work . Please explain to me step by step if you can . Thank you ...

Comment

Originally Posted by Mitsos
                            Just wanted to say hi,i'm new to this forum.

Thanks for all the help, i just made POP TTT work, even though i had to disconnect the cables.

Great site guys.
                            Glad you got it going mitsos all you need to do now is click on the "Register DAEMON Tools button" and you will be able to use the customer version of DT4 with the Vide drive when its released and you wont have to disconnect your cables then.

Comment

Originally Posted by Vuk
                              I have done everything but I can't play . I've disconnected the drives but it still doesn't work . Please explain to me step by step if you can . Thank you ...
                              from what I gather it's a hardware issue of some sort.

something about morph55's system doesn't allow starforce to detect his disabled ide channel. I've seen a number of people say they've gotten it to work through just disabling drives, but what about their systems allow that is still under question.

Comment

I've gotten TTT to work, just like they say: mount with d4 unplug dvd/cd drives power cables and good to go. However I also read they should be on a separate ide channel, so harddisk(s) on ide 1 and cds on ide2. This is the case with my pc.

Comment

Working...
                                X