Prince of Persia T2T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by heiro001
    from what I gather it's a hardware issue of some sort.

something about morph55's system doesn't allow starforce to detect his disabled ide channel. I've seen a number of people say they've gotten it to work through just disabling drives, but what about their systems allow that is still under question.
    All starforce games version 3.4 and below will run if you just disable the ide controller(as long as you dont have a harddrive connected to the ide controller) in device manager.
    One game for example that i am running now is GTR-with patch 1.4 starforce version 3.4.76.00.
    Now if i go into device manager and open IDE ATA/ATAPI CONTROLLERS and disable my primary ide channel and secondary ide channel(THE GAME WILL NOT RUN)but if i disable the"WHOLE" controller(ULTRA ATA STORAGE CONTROLLERS)the game loads straight up with DT4.

But starforce 3.5 and above this method does not work, you have to unplug,with the exception of some chipsets.

Comment

I just tested prince of persia TTT and it works fine in DT4 with drives unplugged.

99% of people having trouble is because they are NOT making a good DPM image,simple as that.

Ubisoft are telling customers to uninstall virtual drives before running ppp ttt, well thats a load of shit because it runs in DT4 and it runs from the original with DT4 loaded.

Comment

In Detail

So can any1 explain how to make PoP TTT work in step by step form?

Comment

Seems like many people can make this release work using DT4 but I cannot seem to. The people who still cannot seem to making very unhelpful posts saying "Doesnt work, make go now! k plz thnx".

I considered starting a new thread for people posting FULL information about their problems but instead I'll reply here and hope that it can be worked out.

My steps have gone:

I have installed the game using DT4.
          Shutdown. Unplugged the real IDE drive. (Both power and ide just to be sure). booted back up.

I run the exe, and it spends about 45seconds "Checking disc" and says "The disc key you entered does not correspond to the disc in the drive. Make sure you use the correct Disc key."

I'm using a key that came with my release (starts with 8HV...) yet it still says this.

So far my different attempted solutions have been:
          Changing what emulation options DT4 has enabled.
          Disabling IDE controllers in the device manager.

One thought I have that might cause this is I have two hard drives and POP is installed on the drive I DO NOT boot off of...maybe two hdds might be causing some trouble where other people have it working.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Comment

Originally Posted by Rascar
            Okay, so I tried to disable the EDI controllers, but as you can see I could only disable the secondary one, because the other two don't have the 'disable' option:

What to do, what to do...
            Well I am in the same situation : Cant disable primary IDEs.

I even tried to use Starforce nightmare, but theres no point since clicking "Disable ch1" makes windows shut down.
            I used virtual cd-hide (by securom) too, and obviously all my real CD-dvd reader/burners are uphisically unplugged in ALL wires... and its all useless.

hate@starforce.

Comment

@archonix: Your image is probably not good enough. How did you create it? Which software, which -settings, which hardware did you use?
              "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

im having a problem making image of POP:T2T. i used alcohol, set dpm to high, and speed 1x, but the log windows says "cannot get dpm info with current device" (or something like that). i havent used dpm option for quiet a while but i works with my dvd drive. starforce drivers are still installed, so is that the problem??

Comment

yeah! with installed SF drivers u won't be able to make a good DPM. make a second partition!
                  My sysProfile!

Comment

Originally Posted by al1uk
                    im having a problem making image of POP:T2T. i used alcohol, set dpm to high, and speed 1x, but the log windows says "cannot get dpm info with current device" (or something like that). i havent used dpm option for quiet a while but i works with my dvd drive. starforce drivers are still installed, so is that the problem??
                    That is probably the problem, try uninstall them and see if it works.

Comment

i found a way to play the newer version of starforce (3.6...., Prince, Kong, etc.) without unplug my optical IDE drives physically. i have my ide hdd drives pluged in the primary ide controller and my optical dvd in the secondary ide controller. In my motherboard BIOS i have an option in the "Integrated Pheripherals" section that's "On-Chip IDE" with "both" option selected ... the only thing i must do is set to "primary" instead of "both" ... then just start windows and mount the game in DT4 (i have all options ON in emulation) ... it's the only way i manage to start the games without unplug dvd physically ... To reactivate the cd/dvd just set to "both" again ...:wink:

Comment

ok. tried it without starforce drivers, i still get the same error message for dpm @ High 1x. High 2x works, but will that be a good enough image??
                        im still sure my dvd drive can read at 1x dpm

Comment

I read somewhere (don't ask me where, I have absolutely no idea) that some drives may have problems reading DPM if they're set too slow. I don't know if that's true, but I've done DPM analyses on my Toshiba SD-M1612 with 16x for UFO: Aftershock and that worked fine after I'd uninstalled StarForce.

If you cannot set your drive to 1x, just try some higher speed. It may work just fine.
                          "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Originally Posted by al1uk
                            ok. tried it without starforce drivers, i still get the same error message for dpm @ High 1x. High 2x works, but will that be a good enough image??
                            im still sure my dvd drive can read at 1x dpm
                            Just try some higher speed. I read some post from Nikos about the topic which the best speed for dpm is.
                            http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/showthread.php?t=6247
                            It's the post 13.
                            Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Hi people!
                              Problem of rawrrawr is still actual. I have the same:
                              I'm not using RAID and i have disconnected my one and only dvd reader, still i get that annoying reboot when it tries to check the discs. Anyone knows how to solve this ?
                              But there are some differences - game has started normally three or four times and after that (there was no changes in any hardware or software settings) it reboot my computer during each chek. Disable of automatically restart option is useless - it's only debug option.
                              Please share your ideas.

Comment

1) I have a laptop (winXP) and cannot disable (from bios) or remove physically my dvd-rom drive
                                2) I have unistalled the starforce drivers, but if I search in regedit there are some places whith "starforce protection" in them. Does this means that the SF is not removed?
                                3) I have tried SFN but it crashed when I disabled/enabled the node. Actually after I disable the cd and then the node it crashes. By crashes I mean blue screen. And there are many options in SFN, do I have to disable anything except the node and the cd?
                                4) I want to play pop TTT

Any ideas? Can I try something else?

Comment

Working...
                                X