Prince of Persia T2T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prince of Persia T2T

Well I guess we can start talking about the new version of starforce that will be included in the new game and whether we'll be able to emulate it with DT4.I'm not sure if the PC version is out yet but gamespot says it should be out.Haven't seen it in my local EB Games yet .
    I wonder if we still need to disable opticals and everything.Maybe the IDE-Jammer will help.

Look here!
    Elfen Lied - unangefochtene Spitze der Animes.
    Habt ihr was an der dt. Sprachdatei zu meckern?
    Schreibt mir eine PN!
    If you've got questions that do not concern to account or hardware incompabilty stuff, you can write me a PM. Otherwise use our forum!

Comment

As was Peter Jackson's King Kong, Prince of Persia T2T uses StarForce 3.6.10.6.

Comment

On my rig the ONLY way to get POP TTT to work is by removing the power connector to my burner.

While other protection schemes allow me to manually disable my burner or IDE channel in Device Manager this version of StarForce does not. Using SF'r/SFN also does no good either.

You gotta do what you gotta do. . I just hook up my burner externally with a USB2IDE adaptor and burn when I have to which is not very often.

My guess is that the 4 StarForce boot time drivers detect your burner way before you can ever disable them in XP.

Comment

i will be able to try this soon...but as for now...if it uses same sf as king kong then i'm gonnna assume i'll be able to get it to work...i'll post again when i do!
          Athlon64 3000+@2.6GH, DFI NF4 Ultra-D, 1.0G OCZ(2-3-2-5), Asus Radeon X800XL

Comment

Can't comment on Prince of Persia, but I do play King Kong. I usually restart my system about once per week and before playing King Kong I shut down IDE devices with VirtualDrivePro and reset afterwards. No problems with burning on reading from either my DVD-ROM and DVD-RW.

So no, SF doesn't detect IDE devices at startup.

Comment

Well, POP 3 works with D-tools 4 but I had to disconnect my DVD drive. That's about all the "problems" I had :-).

Comment

hello

i unplugged the cables of the ide drives; deactivate the ide drives in the device manager; use SFN; use SFcure but it doesn't work at all.
                what is the problem? my hardware? i have a Athlon 64 X2, Asus Mainboard with nforce4 SLI chipset, mdt 2gb dual channel ram and a geforce 7800gtx .... but it won't work...
                only this error appears when SF checks the disk: "The entered key was not detected for the disk. Please check the correctness of the key."

what can i do?

same problem at knights of the temple 2, scct and so on ... no SF game want to start...

greets

Comment

alritez i tested pop:ttt just now..and everythin' works fine...
                  same procedure as i described for king kong and splinter cell: ct
                  disable all IDE/ATAPI Controllers that ur optical drives are connected to...mount image using dt with all emu options on..and that should do it...
                  Athlon64 3000+@2.6GH, DFI NF4 Ultra-D, 1.0G OCZ(2-3-2-5), Asus Radeon X800XL

Comment

morning

apsexx it doesn't work for me... but the question is why?
                    any suggestions?

greets

Comment

Originally Posted by mesh0r
                      hello

i unplugged the cables of the ide drives; deactivate the ide drives in the device manager; use SFN; use SFcure but it doesn't work at all.
                      what is the problem? my hardware? i have a Athlon 64 X2, Asus Mainboard with nforce4 SLI chipset, mdt 2gb dual channel ram and a geforce 7800gtx .... but it won't work...
                      only this error appears when SF checks the disk: "The entered key was not detected for the disk. Please check the correctness of the key."

what can i do?

same problem at knights of the temple 2, scct and so on ... no SF game want to start...

greets
                      It's the high powered rig you have that is causing the problem. Downgrade to a POS rig like I have and you'll have no problems.

Only joking. Actually I am quite envious.

Once you physically disconnect your optical drives there is no need to disable the IDE channels in Device Manager.

I also think the latest SF protection has a blacklist against things like SFer and SFN. Not quite sure on this but if it's true don't have them running when you start the game.

Comment

All you have to do is to disable your IDE controller Like that ! Note that your IDE controller may have a different name! That works for me

Comment

ah you missunderstood me... i didn't run or make all things together.
                          i test all one by one and none of them works...

unplug the cables must work ... where is the fault?

greets

Comment

Originally Posted by mesh0r
                            ah you missunderstood me... i didn't run or make all things together.
                            i test all one by one and none of them works...

unplug the cables must work ... where is the fault?

greets
                            Did you remove power from the drives as well?

Comment

From what I've been reading it appears that those with an nforce3/4 chipset seem to have a better chance of running games without having to disconnect the physical cables.

I've visited many other forums where game protection is discussed and the only definite conclusion I come up with is that there is no one surefire way to get a game going with the latest SF protection (KK, POPT2T, etc).

Some folks do everything known to mankind and still can't get it going.

Comment

Working...
                              X