Burning MDS/MDF format games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burning MDS/MDF format games

i just got a question...assumin' u have a game that is MDS/MDF format...is there a point of burnin' it? coz lets say it's chaos theory...it would only be able to bypass SF if u play it as a image file using dt..instead of burnin' on to a cd and play it with ur opt drive rite?

may be a stupid question...
    sorry in advance lol
    Athlon64 3000+@2.6GH, DFI NF4 Ultra-D, 1.0G OCZ(2-3-2-5), Asus Radeon X800XL

You can burn (RMPS needed) it an put it into an usb drive.
    Then deactivate your ide-drives. Or if you have an RAID Controller it would work, too. Or an nForce 3/4 mainboard.
    Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

i still dun get wat these mdf files are specifically for tho...

so i have to burn them in order to make the game work?

Comment

Originally Posted by aspexx
        i just got a question...assumin' u have a game that is MDS/MDF format...is there a point of burnin' it? coz lets say it's chaos theory...it would only be able to bypass SF if u play it as a image file using dt..instead of burnin' on to a cd and play it with ur opt drive rite?

sorry in advance lol
        If the MDS/MDF img is a DVD img then burning is definetly not work. CZ dvd burner is not advence as cd burner. And if the img is cd then there is a chance. find a software which patched the MDS file (Google is ur friend):wink: and from the software menu choose ur best cdr then write those patched img using alcohol120% and select securom new profile. If u done correctly then this copy definetly work.
        Boycott Starforce

Comment

wait if i burn it on cd...it would work on ide drives if i have nforce3/4 mbs??

Comment

If you know what the purpose of an ISO file is: MDF/MDS files serve the same purpose (except the new format can hold more specialized copy protection related information).

hxxp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_image
            the modern world:
            net helpmsg 4006

Comment

oh alritez..i c thnx alot

Comment

Originally Posted by aspexx

sorry in advance lol
                You are right, there is no point in burning it. (except 4 the USB drive method)
                You can't write a RAW( Raw basically means ALL the info on a disc) DVD image yet, so it can't be a 1:1 clone like cd's can.
                So while we wait for the technology, you either have to mount your DVD images, or get a USB drive to burn 'em.

Comment

hmm yeah that clears up a lot of things...well i learned somethin' haha...i didn't know u still can't make 1:1 clone for dvds...ty

Comment

DVD RAW Write

Originally Posted by stile
                    You are right, there is no point in burning it. (except 4 the USB drive method)
                    You can't write a RAW( Raw basically means ALL the info on a disc) DVD image yet, so it can't be a 1:1 clone like cd's can.
                    So while we wait for the technology, you either have to mount your DVD images, or get a USB drive to burn 'em.

I was aware that RAW mode on DVD's was not really intented in the first DVD spec, but everywhere that talks about the subject, most people sound and act like someone, or some CE company is working on a RAW mode DVD player? Am I completely missing something? I thought the whole reason that the DVD spec didn't have RAW was to protect copy protections? Is someone coming out with a DVD drive with RAW mode or software that will support that?? Any one know of anyone toying with the idea?
                    It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up. -Ferris Bueller

Comment

Working...
                    X