Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SOLUTION for user who cannot install DT4!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOLUTION for user who cannot install DT4!!!

Ok people I found the solution for scsi error and device problem 12. I install xp ide disk with acpi uniprocesor and now dt4 works like a charm. Thats the ony solution for now. Prince of persia and king kong also works.
    All living things must come to an end And all man's creations crumble That is the law of the samurai

how do you do that? win reinstall?

Comment

Most likely!

Yeah, that's probably the only way, some people were saying you could enable ACPI in the BIOS, but I tried that with mine and it wasn't possible...I don't want to reinstall either, so I'll just wait it out!

Comment

Originally Posted by ch3coch3
        how do you do that? win reinstall?

Yes just reinstall windows and choose acpi uniprocessor pc not standard and thats all! X3, SC:CT,POP T2T,Suffering,Ufo Aftershock, King kong are working like a charm without unplugging cables!!!

PS if you have a sata disk like me with systemon it it shoudnt be a problem. Btw I have 2xmator 300gb sata, 2xpioneer dvr 110d and all i have to do is go to contril panel and hit to disable my controller with 2 dvd drives. most of the games never asked me for serial like x3, suffeing etc. DT team congr. on GREAT WORK. When pro version is out i will certanly buy it.

PS sorry for my bad english.

Seven
        All living things must come to an end And all man's creations crumble That is the law of the samurai

Comment

Originally Posted by Seven
          Yes just reinstall windows and choose acpi uniprocessor pc not standard and thats all!
          im using a ACPI multiprocessor pc, probably 'cos of my HT processor. any hints for multiprocessor pcs??

Comment

@Seven:
            When do you choose between acpi uniprocesor an normal pc?
            Can this work with WinXp Media Center 2005?

Comment

It's a setting in the BIOS, and you should be able to change it without a reinstall of Windows.

Comment

if you don't have the option's to change it to those settings in the device manager, it means you don't have the correct processor type for it to work. so you can either change it in device manager, or you shouldn't try.

here, read microsoft's help page on HAL options:
                Microsoft support is here to help you with Microsoft products. Find how-to articles, videos, and training for Microsoft Copilot, Microsoft 365, Windows, Surface, and more.

Comment

Actually you do need to reinstall to change your windows HAL. Just flipping on acpi in bios isn't enough.

As posted in another thread
                  Microsoft support is here to help you with Microsoft products. Find how-to articles, videos, and training for Microsoft Copilot, Microsoft 365, Windows, Surface, and more.

My question is if anyone knows what kind of problems this can cause? If we were to do this would it just be trading DT4 functionality for a list of headaches?

Comment

Where in bios?

Comment

NO!! In bios you can change it but thats not the solution of problem if you try that it does nothing. First check if it is enabled in bios then go for a fresh copy of your system ( format c: ) When system ask you do you want to install aditional devices/scsi push F6 and in next step the menu shows up with type of pc you can use and in that menu pick acpi uniprocessor pc and thats all. Dont forget to check in bios before that ACPI is enabled.

Sorry for my bad english

Comment

Originally Posted by Jito463
                        It's a setting in the BIOS, and you should be able to change it without a reinstall of Windows.
                        No if You have device problem 12 ( unable to add scsi device or device cannot be stopped right now )and restar after installation of dt4 like me before this is the only solution and it work GREAT every game i tryed work with dt4 without unplugging anything. * i tryed everything and nothing helped except this. Cheers

Comment

Originally Posted by Yaten
                          Where in bios?
                          Depends on chipset of your motherboard. but You MUST install fresh copy of system with apic uniprocessor if you want to make it to work.

Comment

It needs to be ACPI Uniprocessor PC

Comment

will there ever be an update to support non-ACPI Uniprocessor PC's?
                              Last edited by skyyblue04; 10.12.2005, 17:34.

Comment

Working...
                              X