Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Anybody own a PSP?

Theres a version changer that tricks the psp into thinking that it is a different version than what it really is. I dont have a link though. And yeah, PSP is awsome.

Experienced User

i've heard of the version changers, but I'm wondering if it would work for my firmware version

i have a psp too (firmware 1.5) and i loooove the homebrew scene. i often play snes games with an emu. iso loaders save a lot of battery, because it doesn't need the umd anymore (i think it's not illegal to create backups of your originals).
    the downgrader only works for 2.0 at the moment. some games which require 2.0 can be tricked with the version faker to run under 1.5 ...

Experienced User

Quote Originally Posted by brookman
    i have a psp too (firmware 1.5) and i loooove the homebrew scene. i often play snes games with an emu. iso loaders save a lot of battery, because it doesn't need the umd anymore (i think it's not illegal to create backups of your originals).
    the downgrader only works for 2.0 at the moment. some games which require 2.0 can be tricked with the version faker to run under 1.5 ...
    I'm SO jealous, I wish i never upgraded. I'm dying to play chrono trigger, and final fantasy III on my psp.

Quote Originally Posted by estimablesir
    I'm SO jealous, I wish i never upgraded. I'm dying to play chrono trigger, and final fantasy III on my psp.
    Maybe there will be a downgrader for your firmware soon. That would be very cool.

Experienced User

I've been looking around, I don't think there is one for 2.60 yet. There supposedly is a modchip in the works http://us.gizmodo.com/gadgets/portab...bly-134729.php

There is some skepticism as to it's validity, however. A solderless modchip seems to good to be true. Imagine the implications though, no more downgrading, and you get to run any homebrew that you want.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12