Anybody own a PSP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody own a PSP?

Just curious if anyone here owns a PSP, I picked one up a couple of days ago.

I think a PSP is a very cool console. If a would have themoney and the time to play i would buy me one. Very cool is the Firmware 1.5 with the Homebrew stuff.
    Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

its powerful as well, i read that a guy ran mac os and win 95 on his psp, but mac os took 4 HOURS to boot.

Comment

Originally Posted by al1uk
        its powerful as well, i read that a guy ran mac os and win 95 on his psp, but mac os took 4 HOURS to boot.
        That's true i've read this, too.
        www.pspupdates.com
        www.psphacks.net

Comment

I have one very cool :P
          I am your father

Comment

i would have loved to load the homebrew stuff on my psp but naturally mine came with 2.00 firmware. I own a nintendo DS as well, but I was really surprised at how good the graphics were on the PSP by comparison.

Comment

Originally Posted by estimablesir
              i would have loved to load the homebrew stuff on my psp but naturally mine came with 2.00 firmware. I own a nintendo DS as well, but I was really surprised at how good the graphics were on the PSP by comparison.

just downgrade it to 1.5 and get a 1gig card you will be sorted

Comment

Originally Posted by idmanager
                just downgrade it to 1.5 and get a 1gig card you will be sorted
                Just check the sites i've posted above. There are some downgrade video's and tutorials!

Comment

the only thing i'm concerned about is when certain UMD discs require a certain firmware version, and install it, then I won't be able to play my homebrew stuff. I'm dying to get a super nintendo emulator on there. I made a mistake btw, my version is 2.60, is there any downgrade solution for that firmware version?

Comment

heh, just do what I do with my psp, I have the down grade stuff on a 32mb card that came with the system and use that to downgrade it and use the 1gb card to hold all the roms and homebrews.... when I want to play a game such as SSX on tour I just upgrade with the 2.0 on the 32mb card... It works great, only thing is that you have to have close to a full battery and pluged in...

Comment

Theres a version changer that tricks the psp into thinking that it is a different version than what it really is. I dont have a link though. And yeah, PSP is awsome.

Comment

i've heard of the version changers, but I'm wondering if it would work for my firmware version

Comment

i have a psp too (firmware 1.5) and i loooove the homebrew scene. i often play snes games with an emu. iso loaders save a lot of battery, because it doesn't need the umd anymore (i think it's not illegal to create backups of your originals).
                          the downgrader only works for 2.0 at the moment. some games which require 2.0 can be tricked with the version faker to run under 1.5 ...

Comment

Originally Posted by brookman
                            i have a psp too (firmware 1.5) and i loooove the homebrew scene. i often play snes games with an emu. iso loaders save a lot of battery, because it doesn't need the umd anymore (i think it's not illegal to create backups of your originals).
                            the downgrader only works for 2.0 at the moment. some games which require 2.0 can be tricked with the version faker to run under 1.5 ...
                            I'm SO jealous, I wish i never upgraded. I'm dying to play chrono trigger, and final fantasy III on my psp.

Comment

Originally Posted by estimablesir
                              I'm SO jealous, I wish i never upgraded. I'm dying to play chrono trigger, and final fantasy III on my psp.
                              Maybe there will be a downgrader for your firmware soon. That would be very cool.

Comment

Working...
                              X