No announcement yet.

Problem with playing Prince of Persia 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you get an actual error message when trying to install Daemon Tool v4 or are you just not installing DTv4 because you don't know what a Kernel Debugger is? Because chances are if you don't know what it is, you don't have one...

Apart from that: if PoP:TtT still doesn't work then, how did you create your image? Because it's very important to have good images to get current copy protections running.
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

to play PoP:T2T u have to unplug all ur optical IDE devices.
      then you'll be able to play it...
      My sysProfile!

Comment

Originally Posted by NetSoerfer
        Do you get an actual error message when trying to install Daemon Tool v4 or are you just not installing DTv4 because you don't know what a Kernel Debugger is? Because chances are if you don't know what it is, you don't have one...

Apart from that: if PoP:TtT still doesn't work then, how did you create your image? Because it's very important to have good images to get current copy protections running.
        I do not get a error, i just don't know what a kernel debugger is, but i own a pretty recent PC so i am affraid rto instal it. I used a image from ********, and the key was includen in the download!

Comment

POP3 T2T whithout unplugging anything

Hi to all,
          As this is my first post, I would like to tell huge "Thank You!" to all daemon tools team, for their efforts. As for the moment DT4 works for me flawlessly. Great work which should be appreciated!!!

Now about POP3, no troubles to start it for me.
          1st mount the mds to d-tools 4 and exit.
          2nd. Install te game.
          3td reboot and disable 2nd IDE channel from BIOS (I have there DVD Writer and DVD reader)
          4th Start the game, enter the key and it works.
          Hadn´t time today to test more elegant methods to hide IDE drives, but will do later tonight and will post results. I see strong chances, to get it work even without BIOS disabling.
          I´m with an GA 8NSLI_Pro mobo (nforce 4), 1st.HDD on 1st IDE and 2nd. HDD SATA.
          Last edited by ziegfrid; 15.12.2005, 09:19.

Comment

With a NForece 3/4 board your very lucky. There it sometimes works without unplugging.
            Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

POP3 T2T without unplug

Yep, it works without to touch BIOS or restart at all. Just disabling the 2nd IDE channel from Device Manager and it works. Btw this could be done faster than disabling it with SFNightmare or other, therefore I didn't try other solutions.
              I agree, that most probably it's due to the nForce 4 chipset.

Saw an interesting approach for Matrix Path of Neo in another forum, ahich also worked for me, but will post it in another thread.

Comment

dear friends: Salam and hi
                let me solve u r problem
                to intall price of persia the two throne just do the following...

system requirements:
                windows xp service pack1 or the early release of service pack 2 in 2005 from microsoft.
                demon tools 4.
                1. mount the disk with daemon tools. and turn all on from emulation.
                2. start menu and click run. in run window type k:\amir.exe /drv:install (where k:\ is u r daemon tools virtual dvd rome. k: is in mine case check u r own.) after that u will see dailog box saying " u want to install cd protection softwere. click yes ater that u will see another dialog box saying do u want to restart click yes and u r system reboot.

3. when u r system rebooting turn it off. open u r computer chasis and remove the power and data cable from dvd rom.

4. start computer. right clik on my computer : go to hardware tab and click device manger: in the ide controllers disable all which can be disable.

5. now install the game when installation of game is finishing in the wizard the last step. check the check box launch the prince of persia and click finish.
                6. enter the key and enjoy the game.........

please comment
                if problem presist i will reply

note: i was facing the same problem of the cd key is not for the corresponding disk in the drive.
                but now working in service pack1. and be sure do all steps above..... enjoy

Comment

PoP T2T

Originally Posted by Vuk
                  Can anybody help ?! I can't play the game can anyone explain this to me ? I got a programe Starforce Nightmare in the CD I disabled the drive but it still doesn't work . Help , help , help !!!

install the game using MDF file
                  reboot PC
                  open daemon Tools v4.0(only)
                  use MDS file
                  insert serial
                  reboot PC
                  open daemon Tools v4.0
                  use MDS file
                  quit autoinstall
                  ejetc tray
                  use sd4hide or SFNightmare
                  load tray
                  play

Comment

Ok everyone is saying to mount it on the Deamon tools, but what is name of the file to be mounted and second to i have to copy everything from all the discs?

Comment

Pop T2t

Originally Posted by Vuk
                      Can anybody help ?! I can't play the game can anyone explain this to me ? I got a programe Starforce Nightmare in the CD I disabled the drive but it still doesn't work . Help , help , help !!!
                      Use sr7.stop v1.2
                      and play

Comment

Originally Posted by msantosrs
                        Use sr7.stop v1.2
                        and play
                        why should sr7stop work with a SF protected game???
                        simply unplug ur IDE drive...
                        My sysProfile!

Comment

so you could disable the ide without pulling the plug??

then u install?? but what if u want to do other things on the drive and ull have to enable it, does that mean ull have to re-install POP again? so the checking doesnt come up o.O??

Comment

um btw is there a way to get this to work without touching anything inside the computer??

list steps please :p and i only have daemon tools and game is installed but keep geting error >_<

Comment

Frustration++

I really really don't want to have to pull out the ide cables cause it will take forever due to the way my case is positioned in my desk....

So I have been tring everything,
                              I am now at the point where I have a CD I am pretty sure is a fine image.

I have burnt it off, when I try to play my comp hangs at the "checking CD window of POP3" due to SF or my System process suxing 100% CPU.

Any ideas why this is?

DT4
                              ASUSP4P800

If I load using DT4 then SF quickly realises that the CD is incorrect and tells me to retry.

If I use

Comment

Why can't you copy the mdf file? What error message do you get?
                                "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Working...
                                X