Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 49

Thread: SR7.Stop

New User

With the "3ware raid controller" do you mean non cr-rom drives? If it is so, try the new beta.

Hi again,

New version (1.2 b3) causes exactly the same problem as described in my previous post. The tool still tries to hide my 3Ware controller, fails, gives the runtime error '5' and dies.
    And with 3Ware controller i mean my raid controller card to which only my HDDs are connected, no optical drives.
    All i know is that the controller registers itself as a SCSI device which apparently confuses the tool as it doesn't seem able to distinguish between it and the virtual drive.

SR7.stop has become a known name, changing it in my opinion would just throw people off track regarding it. You could still mention the added functionality in the reedme and that would be enough ... unless you find a way to beat starforce with it too , only then it truly would deserve a new name!

SR7.stop keeps freezing up on me whenever i try to hide or restore and image. It still works, though, if i control+alt+delete and end it's process after I've clicked hide.

I had DT 3.87 and that didn't work so I upgraded to DT 4.00 and now all of DT's virtual drives are displayed as generic dvd drives. And now i can't get sr7.stop to work at all.

I set up virtual drives through Alcohol 120% and finally it worked again but it still freezes up.

All things considered sr7.stop is the first actualy tool that worked in blocking securom 7.

Experienced User

Then Uninstall Complete DT4 (look @ Common Problems and Solutions Forum for that) and reboot and re install. Which OS do you have ? Try to run in Compatibly Mode Win 2000, this should fix the freeze problem.
    You weak pathetic fool, it's all to easy
    sysProfile (Click me)

Hello Again,

Haandi, i tried your test tool, all tests went ok, only a couple of questions: when you say device you mean cd drive (real and virtual) only?
    I am asking because the enum 1 test finds 2 atapi drivers for my optical drives, the dtscsi for DTools AND the SCSI driver for my raid controller.
    Also the Enum 2 test, despite not having an error it lists both the DTools driver AND the raid controller driver as "DTols 4 device"

It is obvious that it shouldn't mix up the two, but because it does, i have the problems described in my previous post!

Thx for your time!

New User

The main function of the test app is to find those strange Run-Time errors.
    And the first enum test should show all device drivers ide, cdrom, raid. But the second enum test should show only Dtools/Alcohol drives, unfortunately I don't know a better way to detect Dtools 4 drives.
    Thats why I have a question to DTools rogrammers:
    Is the devicedriver "dtscsi" only a standardname (and it's easy to change it during the installation or later) or is the user not able to change it easyly?

Mabe it can be done the other way around!
    Is there a way to tell the tool which drivers to ignore?
    I know what the drivers for my raid controller are, so i would be able to tell it to ignore those no matter what the name of the dtools drivers is!

@Haandi: the drivername is FOR THE MOMENT ! a default one
    and can't be changed. This will change in next version.

And in general I suggest you to at least contact us via email -
    such discussions should not be revealed in a public board.

Or use the PM-function to write me!

Daumen runter You're wrong Locutus !!! WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by LocutusofBorg
    @Haandi: the drivername is FOR THE MOMENT ! a default one
    and can't be changed. This will change in next version.

And in general I suggest you to at least contact us via email -
    such discussions should not be revealed in a public board.

Or use the PM-function to write me!
    I am sorry to say this Locutus (if I think better, I am not), but I don't agree with you. Why should you ask someone that is developing a useful tool and desires to educate the "humble rest of us", to keep it quiet? Is not as if DT is going to "suffer". Maybe you think otherwise, but the man willingly and freely offered his knowledge, expertise and support. No unknown technical details that relate to DT were given that "software protection devs" don't know yet about. So your request seems out of place and a bit forced. I thought that this board was a place that helped others to expand their horizons, but it seems that I was wrong. This forum is a democratic society in some aspect, after all.

P.S. I hope this post won't get deleted, but if so, censorship seems to be law&order over here, and I rest my case.
    Last edited by kukubau : 05.01.2006 at 09:31
    So, mother goose has been messin' around in your egg salad, huh kid?

New User

OK, if this will be *fixed* in the next versions, I wont base the hide function on that.
    But DarkG's idea to disable the known devices as very nice but the only one prob is-> I wanted to make a tool which is only one exe and does not need any backup or configuration files *the way I like it*. Here I will need a configuration file or sth, maybe i store the info in sme shared reg keys.
    And atm we dont discuss any DTool's deep structures or sth, so I thought a pm or mail isnt necessary.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast