SR7.Stop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SR7.Stop

I'll open a new thread for that to post changes and some recent versions of SR7.Stop due to the helpful community.
    Feel free to test, report bugs and give suggestions.
    (Since the most releases are beta, use them cautiously)
    The most recent Pr0t.St0p version is 1.0 which can be found here:
    hxxp://rapidshare.de/files/10107009/Pr0t.St0p.rar.html
    Unfortunately I've got no system on which the Run-time error '5' appears, so the ones who get that error, you have to contact me per ICQ. Search for the nick "HAANDI", I'm the one with a gmx mail account.

Since it supports Safedisc, the project is renamed to Pr0t.St0p. I think it's a nice name, so its like the old one with some numbers, you know...

IMPORTANT
    I took some time and wrore an test app. Thre are several separate tests which should show you/me where the errors occure. Report me if a test caused errors, maybe then I can fix something.
    hxxp://rapidshare.de/files/10147705/TestAppv1.0.zip.html

Changes:

Pr0t.St0p v1.0 (31 Dec 2005)
    -> Just try it with Stubbs The Zombie
    -> Or Serious Sam 2 *the recent patch*

1.2 beta 3 (29 Dec 2005)
    + Added support for Safedisc 4.6
    # Improved registry handling
    # Fixed small bugs in the registry module
    # Fixed hiding non cd-rom drives

1.2 beta 2 (09 Dec 2005)
    + Added Invisibility (Securom doesn't detect the app when it runs)
    # Fixed infinite loop by reading a hidden key

1.2 beta 1 (05 Dec 2005)
    + Added support for DT 4
    Last edited by HAANDI; 04.01.2006, 21:26.

Every version (and the latest one) has always given me the following error when I press HIDE:

Run-time error '5':
    Invalid procedure call or argument

When I restart the program and do a RESTORE I see the message that vax347sBak was restored.

Waz up????

Comment

Mine worked yesterday now i cant find the virtual drives.

Comment

Import the backup registry file.

Comment

Haandi?

So...? Any ideas on my Runtime 5 error I've been getting ever since I first tried your program? 1.0 and 1.2.

btw... Permissions are OK and the keys are accessible to me.

Comment

I looked over it, but cannot find the reason of the runtime error (is it possible that you have e.g. no SP2 or whatever).
            So we have to get in contact, in ICQ you find me @ HAANDI.

Comment

Nothing to hide?

Ok so I'm using DT 4.00 and SR7.STOP 1.2 Beta, but when I run the SR7.STOP I've never been able to see any of my virtual drives from DT, not with the 4.00 or any of the older releases, am I missing some kinda tweek needed?

Comment

Snip3r, please don't double post, it'll just get the answers to your question posted in different places.

The forums are moderated which is why your posts don't show up immediately.
                "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

kk i solved this case but now i get another error..."Run-Time error '7':
                  Out of memory" my i have 2,6athlon xp and 512mb ram ddr 333
                  what shall i do?
                  Last edited by Evangelis; 27.12.2005, 15:17.

Comment

Hi all,
                    HAANDI I have been using v1 of sr7 stop with DT 3.47 without any problems, that changed with DT 4 Now with all versions including 1.2 beta2. The obvious part of the problem is that when running the tool it does not see the virtual drive, when hitting hide anyway i get a run time error '5' hitting ok kills the app, but moving it to the side i see that sr7.stop has been trying to hide my 3ware raid controller, that it failed and that this is the cause of the error '5' if i start the tool once more it still shows no virtual drives, but if i hit hide now i get a msg saying it did hide the DT virtual drive.
                    At this point i can mount a securom 7 protected image with DT 4 and successfully run it.
                    Using restore creates the same run time error '5' when the tool tries to "restore" my raid controller. starting the tool up once more and pressing restore another time restores the DT virtual drive.

I hope this discription can help you locate and fix the error!

Comment

With the "3ware raid controller" do you mean non cr-rom drives? If it is so, try the new beta.

Comment

Hi again,

New version (1.2 b3) causes exactly the same problem as described in my previous post. The tool still tries to hide my 3Ware controller, fails, gives the runtime error '5' and dies.
                        And with 3Ware controller i mean my raid controller card to which only my HDDs are connected, no optical drives.
                        All i know is that the controller registers itself as a SCSI device which apparently confuses the tool as it doesn't seem able to distinguish between it and the virtual drive.

SR7.stop has become a known name, changing it in my opinion would just throw people off track regarding it. You could still mention the added functionality in the reedme and that would be enough ... unless you find a way to beat starforce with it too , only then it truly would deserve a new name!

Comment

SR7.stop keeps freezing up on me whenever i try to hide or restore and image. It still works, though, if i control+alt+delete and end it's process after I've clicked hide.

I had DT 3.87 and that didn't work so I upgraded to DT 4.00 and now all of DT's virtual drives are displayed as generic dvd drives. And now i can't get sr7.stop to work at all.

I set up virtual drives through Alcohol 120% and finally it worked again but it still freezes up.

All things considered sr7.stop is the first actualy tool that worked in blocking securom 7.

Comment

Then Uninstall Complete DT4 (look @ Common Problems and Solutions Forum for that) and reboot and re install. Which OS do you have ? Try to run in Compatibly Mode Win 2000, this should fix the freeze problem.
                            You weak pathetic fool, it's all to easy
                            sysProfile (Click me)

Comment

Hello Again,

Haandi, i tried your test tool, all tests went ok, only a couple of questions: when you say device you mean cd drive (real and virtual) only?
                              I am asking because the enum 1 test finds 2 atapi drivers for my optical drives, the dtscsi for DTools AND the SCSI driver for my raid controller.
                              Also the Enum 2 test, despite not having an error it lists both the DTools driver AND the raid controller driver as "DTols 4 device"

It is obvious that it shouldn't mix up the two, but because it does, i have the problems described in my previous post!

Thx for your time!

Comment

Working...
                              X