New Question about PoP TTT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Question about PoP TTT

Alright, I've read through all the PoP and related posts on this forum and others and I think I have a relatively unique problem. I have disabled all of my ide drives (unless floppy counts as an IDE, if so let me know...). The only drive showing under my computer is my harddisk, and the emulated DT4 drive. Now to my problem... when I mount the image under DT4 and hit play game, it gets 1/3rd of the way through the "checking for disk" bar and then my computer completely reboots. Anyone have ANY idea why this could be happening? Perhaps I unplugged the IDE cable incorrectly? (I think I unplugged it from both the cd/dvd drive and the motherboard...) Any help would be greatly appreciated.. =) thanks!

I don't know exactly what kind of problem this is.
    But if you've unplugged your drives and it don't work, then try installing DT 3.47 or Alcohol 120% and use SFCure+unplugging the drives. I also have this problem but only with SCCT other games are working.
    Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Rebooting during CD/DVD check is a known problem with nForce-motherboards (probably among others) and Daemon Tools v4 which is currently being worked on.
      "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

This Problem with rebooting should be fixed in the next version right Netsoerfer !?
        You weak pathetic fool, it's all to easy
        sysProfile (Click me)

Comment

It should, yes. (As I said, it's currently being worked on...)

Comment

I have exactly the same problem: my computer reboots during the "checking for disk". I've tried to make it work with DT 3.47 and SFCure and unplugging the drives but it doesn't work. When will the next version of DT4 come approximately? And does anyone succeeded in playing PoP TTT without DT4?

Comment

Originally Posted by ledjeuf
              When will the next version of DT4 come approximately?
              When it's done, of course.

Comment

Originally Posted by ledjeuf
                I have exactly the same problem: my computer reboots during the "checking for disk". I've tried to make it work with DT 3.47 and SFCure and unplugging the drives but it doesn't work. When will the next version of DT4 come approximately? And does anyone succeeded in playing PoP TTT without DT4?
                I have solved this problem by installing Win x64 as a second OS, PoP under it and x64 version of DT4. Starforce check passes correctly, there was no reboots or BSODs during all the checks.
                Yes, it's not very convenient, but it works.

Comment

Originally Posted by Xaos
                  I have solved this problem by installing Win x64 as a second OS, PoP under it and x64 version of DT4. Starforce check passes correctly, there was no reboots or BSODs during all the checks.
                  Yes, it's not very convenient, but it works.
                  Ok thanks Xaos :wink:

Comment

I've tried everything, but I still can't get pass that serial section..

Comment

Peer, how did you create your image and which serial are you using? Was it on the CD/DVD or the manual?

Comment

Working...
                      X