Star Wars BattleFront II - Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Wars BattleFront II - Question

Well i usually use alcohol 120% with emulation and use virtual-cd-hide to hide the emulation, but in this case i got an error with hiding and setting mode to Win2k.

I decided to use Antiblah which worked perfectly, i loaded the game, played the first mission and finished the level, its just that when i complete any level and it says "Victory" after the screen cuts black i can see the mouse cursor and it reverts back to the desktop and exits the game without saving my progress. I have noticed this happen many times and it seems to be a problem on this game with several people in slighlty different cases. Also my Need for Speed Most Wanted exits to the desktop whilst in-game but i used virtual-cd-hide for that.

Anyway to clear things up i am using:
    Alcohol 120% (1.9.5.2802)
    AntiBlah

and the question i am asking is how can i stop the game from exiting? Is it a problem with the software used to emulate & hide?

guy, try to emulate with daemon tool and put in daemon to protec RMPS and Securom... dont use anti-blahh and virtual cd hide inthis test...

if still dont working, try to desactivate ur real cd drives

bye!

Comment

I tried Daemon Tools 4.00, i used securom and rmps and disabled my drives but i get the same error thing. It exits after a victory :/

Anyone got an idea of what to do :?

Comment

Use DTv4 and try it with SR7Stop 1.2.
        cdmediaworld.com/hardware/cdrom/cd_utils_8.shtml

If this doesn't work there is one manually method which isn't very easy but you could try this if it doesn't work with SR7Stop either.
        http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/showthread.php?t=6362
        It's the post number 27!
        Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Do i have to disable securom and rmps in deamon tools

Do i have to disable securom and rmps in deamon tools when using sr7stop?

Comment

Serious Sam 2

I had the same issue with the Game Serious Sam 2. I couldn't run the game.
            I have success with the following actions. Run SR-Stop V1.2, hide the drives. CLOSE/EXIT (important!) SR-Stop V1.2 and then run the game without any problems.

Comment

You don't really need to enable any emulations in DT if you use an image. The emulations only are for burned cd/dvd's. The only emulation you sometimes really need is the rmps emulation. The other emulations are very old. BTW, i've enabled the rmps emu. all the time (because i like the green dt icon).

Comment

The exact same thing happens with SR7 Stop. This is what i did:

1) Emulate with Daemon Tools
                2) Disable all drives
                3) Open SR7 Stop
                4) Press Hide
                5) Close SR7 Stop
                6)Play Game

And it still closes in campiagn when it says victory, but when i play galactic conquest or online it doesnt exit to the desktop once it says victory or failed etc.

Also it is in Win2k Mode as well.

Comment

Ahh fixed it, i just took off win2k compatibility

Comment

Originally Posted by AnalCobra
                    You don't really need to enable any emulations in DT if you use an image. The emulations only are for burned cd/dvd's. The only emulation you sometimes really need is the rmps emulation. The other emulations are very old. BTW, i've enabled the rmps emu. all the time (because i like the green dt icon).
                    Thats why i emulate too i like the green Icon more than the red one
                    You weak pathetic fool, it's all to easy
                    sysProfile (Click me)

Comment

One last thing, its not really about emulation, just a random query.....

I have a trainer for bf2 and i want it to automatically run when i open bf2. Can i do this by putting the file in the root directory and puttin some sort of command line in the target shortcut of the game like "-pztrainer" (That is the name of the file).

So alltogether it would be:

"C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II\LaunchBFII.exe" -pztrain

Help please...

Comment

Originally Posted by 7hrifty
                        One last thing, its not really about emulation, just a random query.....

I have a trainer for bf2 and i want it to automatically run when i open bf2. Can i do this by putting the file in the root directory and puttin some sort of command line in the target shortcut of the game like "-pztrainer" (That is the name of the file).

So alltogether it would be:

"C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II\LaunchBFII.exe" -pztrain

Help please...
                        I don't know if this works, but you can create a batch file (*.bat). There you can input commands which will start the two exe files like:

CD C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II
                        START pztrain.exe
                        START LaunchBFII.exe

Comment

Yeah, ill try that...

I dont usually use trainers but there is a mission which is UNBELIEVABLY HARD on the game, you'll probably find out which one it is off the net.

Anyway thanks for your help

Comment

Working...
                          X