X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by AnalCobra
    #1 iSCSI Method
    Games like Flatout 2 ...
    For this method you actually need 2 pcs, one who has the image mounted and shares the virtual drive in the network and another which has access to this drive. The 2nd pc is the play pc.
    You can use virtual machine (like VMware Workststion 5) instead remote network PC (with Alcohol120%).

I tested this modified method with FlatOut2 (DVD, Buka) today. All working fine !

* Setup VMware (phisical HDD/ HOST Only network connection)
    * Install WinXP on VM.
    * Install Alcohol120% on VM.
    * Share virtual drive in Alcohol120%.
    * Setup network connection between VMware & main OS.
    * Start Initiator (MS or StarPort).
    * Mount & Load MDS/MDF-image in Alcohol120%.
    * Run game in main OS.

PS: Details in russian. Sorry for my English.

Comment

Maybe a better option is to use Microsoft Virtual PC which is free of charge. One can download it here.

Comment

I don't believe that will work as I'm fairly certain you cannot access the drives from a VirtualPC instance (guest) from your primary Windows install (host).

Comment

Originally Posted by Jito463
          I don't believe that will work as I'm fairly certain you cannot access the drives from a VirtualPC instance (guest) from your primary Windows install (host).
          I think it will work because it's not folder or drive sharing- it is shared via network access as a function of Alcohol 120 %'s iSCSI feature and not some Microsoft Virtual PC feature.
          the modern world:
          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

for me the iSCSI method only works, if i burn the image on a dvd with special mediacode, and mount the actual dvd on the other PC. with DT it does not work this way (at least with .b6t image).

Comment

When burn the image on a dvd with special mediacode you are only repeat physical structure of the original dvd-rw (master disc). When publisher creat protected dvd for the game, he will write game on the dvd-rw. If you found mediacode of this dvd-rw, you can creat "ideal" physical copy of master disc without RPMS emulation. No need for this any emulators.
              About Blindwrite 6.0 - its fully bullshit. This program cannot create copy of disk this starforce.
              No really new in starforce in this moment (in emulation). Its only one new thing: they check for the emulators BEFORE physical check of disk. And in early version of starforce no any message about "emulators detected". Now starforce 4.0 display this message to prevent any reference to starforce support such as "my disc not identified, pls help".

Comment

Originally Posted by Cuddles
                Maybe a better option is to use Microsoft Virtual PC which is free of charge.
                I can't run FlatOut2 using MS VirtualPC + iSCSI.

But you can use another free tool: VMware server. (145Mb)

Comment

Originally Posted by xKVtor
                  I can't run FlatOut2 using MS VirtualPC + iSCSI.

But you can use another free tool: VMware server. (145Mb)
                  Could you ping the VirtualPC OS? You probably had a general networking issue.
                  the modern world:
                  net helpmsg 4006

Comment

I tried it with the Virtual PC and i could access the virtual PC in the Network. I installed Alcohol on the vPC but i couldn't share the vdrive which had the image mounted (i also tried to share a dt drive with Alcohol, which worked with the 2 pc's).
                    Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Originally Posted by Underheaven
                      Could you ping the VirtualPC OS?
                      Yes.

I setup network between Host OS & VirtualPC OS using MS LoopBack Adapter (on Host OS, as described in Virtual PC HELP). Then I connect shared disk via iSCSI and run FlatOut2 in Host OS. But SF begin endless disk check and freeze at last...

There is no differences where to place MDF file: on virtual HDD or on Phisical HDD (ReadOnly,size<128Gb,FAT32). The result is the same. Nothing.

Details in Russian

---
                      Now I prefer to use free VMware server -- easy and powerful.

Comment

About iSCSI + MS VirtualPC

It is possible to using Virtual PC (instead VMware) with iSCSI method !!!

One important thing must be changed in virual machine bios setup just before OS installing:

1) run virtual machine and enter bios setup (hit DEL);
                        2) go to POWER submenu;
                        3) (!!!) change "ACPI Aware OS" to [No].
                        4) save changes, exit bios setup, install OS (Win XP)

Some notes:
                        • To setup "Host OS <-> Guest OS" network: install "MS LoopBack Lan Adapter" in Host OS;
                        • To attach phisical drive to virtual machine: use HDD with size <120Gb with FAT32 partiotions. Don't use NTFS partitions becouse attached phisical drive used in ReadOnly mode (WinXP don't like this mode for HDDs :wink

You can download Microsoft Virtual PC 2004 Service Pack 1 here.
                        Direct link (18Mb) to version used by me.

Tested on FlatOut2 (DVD,Buka).

Details in Russian

Comment

i tested metod with VMware and game have run but only one time, when i exit from game and start it again on same settings it was not starting like few minutes ago

Comment

Here's a link to a method of getting ASR.exe to work with Titan Quest patch 1.11

p.s. Just noticed that the "#2 Hiding Tools" section appears twice in the tutorial above... will have to get that fixed.

Edit: That link is in the customer section of the forum, I'll update this post with a quote instead of a link later.
                            Last edited by Underheaven; 27.07.2006, 20:14.
                            the modern world:
                            net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by cymes
                              i tested metod with VMware and game have run but only one time, when i exit from game and start it again on same settings it was not starting like few minutes ago
                              fyi: This thread is not for support questions, create a new topic.
                              the modern world:
                              net helpmsg 4006

Comment

To get Titan Quest 1.11 to work, you need to do this
                                (LooDos found out how to get it to work and posted it in the german customer forum):
                                -copy asr.exe to your desktop or another dircetory but not into the game directory
                                -rename asr.exe to explorer.exe/svchost.exe/lsass.exe/services.exe/...
                                -start TQ/the game with ASR (the renamed one)
                                Last edited by AnalCobra; 28.07.2006, 21:45.
                                Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Working...
                                X