This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huh?

I just started asr.exe v1.2 (downloaded from the daemon tools download section) and chose the Titan Quest.exe o_O

or a shortcut with the parameter -r <GameExePath> and in the "Start in:" Box I wrote <GamePath> (Otherwise it won't start correctly!).

The only problem I've got so far is that the game randomly crashes without a word, sending me back to desktop (I experienced, though, that most of the time the music stops playing for a while before this happens, but that may be just coincidence)
    Last edited by Wickermoon; 07.08.2006, 08:54.

Comment

alle IDE Laufwerke im Windows Ger&#228;temanager deaktivieren!!! Ihr braucht mindestens ein SCSI Laufwerk am SCSI Controller! bei einem image mit guter *.mds l&#228;sst sich Titan Quest Starten ohne jeglichen zusatz von Hide-Programmen!!! also kein ASR 1.2 oder sonst was verwenden!!! PS: ich rede von version 1.11 und das game st&#252;rzt bei der Methode nicht ab!
      ---
      all IDE of drive assemblies in the Windows equipment manager deactivates!!! You need at least a SCSI drive assembly at the SCSI CONTROLLER! with an image with better *.mds Titan Quest starting without any additive of Hide programs leaves itself!!! thus no ASR 1,2 or otherwise which use!!! PS: I talk about version 1.11 and the game does not fall or crash with the method!

Comment

@Wickermoon: rename the "asr.exe" into somethin else e.g. "explorer.exe". Dont start asr from within the game directory.
        My sysProfile!

Comment

Originally Posted by rasp1331
          for me the iSCSI method only works, if i burn the image on a dvd with special mediacode, and mount the actual dvd on the other PC. with DT it does not work this way (at least with .b6t image).
          same with me
          we used to eat food but millionaire scientists got together & wanted us to eat a bunch of chemicals

Comment

iSCSI + VMware method (as described by xKVtor) works for me. I tested it with FlatOut 2 (European version).

Comment

FlatOut2

1-Burn with Blindwrite 6.0, make sure to use discs with mediacode Philips041,TDK601saku
              2- Install.
              3- USB 2.0 to IDE 2.5"/3.5"/5.25" Hard Drive Adapter Cable (bay in eBay LINK and make sure Blindwrite 6.0 is
              installed on the system you want to use to play.

Video file LINK tested on FlatOut2 (DVD,Buka).

Comment

thanks xKVtor, this method works great! i wasnt able to get work the ms loopback adapter, so i simply used my machine's networked card, and it was also good.

Comment

Don't critisize me if I'm wrong but - the only method against mini-images introduced in Starforce 4 is to read some random sectors from the drive and check the output. Mini-images don't have these sectors and report erros or blank sectors or whatever.
                  But isn't here something really impossible to do? When SF4 really would check random sectors thouse could contain gamespecific files so SF4 has got to know every sector of the CD/DVD - then the installed game would become twice as big, wont it?
                  When I think of solutions for that problem there are several possibilities:
                  1. SF4 saves special information of every sectr to check (maybe EDC or the first bytes) - then a new mini-image format shuld be introduced - with that information.
                  2. SF4 checks non game specific sectors - like that sectors only filled with {0x41,0x41,0x41...} or {0x00,0x00,0x00...} or whatever - those would require some information for miniimages as well and it could be loaded in memory.

I think you (the DTools crew) have got tools to analyse this process and find a solution, dont you?

Comment

@HAANDI Maybe the MDS format could be extended to include metadata on these sections of the disc- detailing 'fake sector ranges' instead of 'blank sector ranges'. That way mini-image can still contain only zeros.
                    the modern world:
                    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

hi there,

just tried the iscsi method for flatout 2 but it doesnt work for me. i have created full image of flatout 2 german with blindwrite 6 (auto, mds+iso), mounted this image over ms initiator + alcohol on 2nd pc. local pc has deamon tools installed but device disabled in device manager. all local optical drives disconnected from ide bus. flatout 2 always reminds me to "use the original disc".

what could be wrong here? could the image be corrupted? must the image be created with a special option or

in a special way with a special tool? would be happy for a hint/tip/solution

greetings
                      puresilence

Comment

Are you using a Blindwrite image? Try recreating the image with Alcohol 120% (DPM is needed).
                        Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Use original disc means your image isn't good enough. I would try AC's suggestion and remake the image with Alcohol to test. Or if you still want to use BW, try a slower/faster read-speed.

Comment

yep, creating image with alcohol and dpm works fine.

THX for your help guys

Comment

Hi guys, my first post here. I am actually only registered so I could post a little guide for using the awesome daemonscript with daemontools and SD4Hide.
                              Anyway i have FM2007 and wanted to find an automated way to get SD4Hide to run automatically as soon as I click an exe. Well here is how to do it:
                              Open Daemonscript
                              Choose mount, and browse to your image
                              click runapp
                              browse to the SD4hide exe
                              type in the path to sd4hide
                              click delay and type 5000ms ( need the time to click the sd4 exe when it pops up )
                              Click runapp again and browse to the game exe
                              type the path in
                              click delay and choose 5000ms
                              click unmount
                              Voila!
                              You can then create a shortcut on your desktop, it will run daemonscript, pop up the SD4hide and you click hide. The game exe will then run and automatically unmount. Once you exit out of the game SD4hide is still there to remind you to restore!

Comment

Working...
                              X