Information Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Information Wanted

I built my PC from scratch to give me lots of processing power. I have modified almost every component (soldering iron and daughter boards) so a list of my hardware would be useless. I have SATA HD + IDE DVD Burner. My OS is XP Pro SP2.

One the benchmarks gave me the figures I wanted, I tried installing the Kids games i.e. SIMS2 + all expansions, B&W 2, Roller Coaster Tycoon + all expansions. In every case they installed fine and then gave errors about not having the original disk, disk emulator installed etc when attempting to play from the original disk. I took all the disks back and they worked fine in the stores PC.

I have got SIMS2 & B&W 2 working with a blindread image and DT 3.47. I got Tycoon + wet going with a **-** *****. So far I have had no success with the Tycoon Wild expansion. I tried all the anti-blah stuff but that did not help. I am reluctant to go to DT4 as there are lots of posts about SIMS2 no longer working.

I have no objection to playing from the original disks so I would appreciate info about the copy protection on Wild and/or info on a working method of playing the game using a disk emulator as I dont really want to have buy another off the shelf PC for the Kids to play their games (the old PC has not got enough CPU or Graphics to play these games).

[EDIT]I read the stuff about SCSI blacklists so tried an experiment. I plugged in my backup SATA drive (This has just XP, no emulators, Nero ). I then mounted my DVD writer in a USB caddy and installed Tycoon up to Wild. Unfortunately I still get an error message attempting to play from the original disk !
    Last edited by sceedy; 23.12.2005, 00:25.

Do you have any cloning software installed such as CloneCD or similar? They might be blacklisted. Daemon Tools should still be immune to blacklists (except for one stupid one from Serious Sam II which will be fixed with the next DT update).

Try uninstalling them. Also try uninstalling Alcohol 120%.
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Working...
    X