error-error-error

AGAIN

created .mdf with a120%
    mounted to DT4
    installed game
    restart for protection installation
    disconnected drives completely[power&ide]
    run the game and another pretty error..

Edit by NetSoerfer: Don't ever talk about warez. This is the only warning, next time you'll be banned.

Comment

n1kos, did you uninstall the StarForce driver? It messes with Alcohol's DPM process.
      "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

the mdfs were created in a different computer where GTL has never been installed. and that because i can't use a120 in my pc..

Comment

Why can't you use Alcohol 120% on your computer? If any other StarForce protected game was ever installed on that computer (okay, on that installation of Windows actually) the drivers will still be there, interfering with the DPM process.

Comment

1. because when i tried to launch a120 after installing it, i get an error which says it expired something although i've installed it 2days ago.. is there any way to clean it completely and have another trial maybe? probably not..

2. the pc i got the image from [it's hdiscs actually] were recently formated. and my friend there never uses it for games..

Comment

Originally Posted by NetSoerfer
              Terramex, since when does BlindWrite not work for StarForce? I've created working images without any problems for UFO Aftershock v1.1 with BlindWrite as well as with Alcohol...
              Hmm, is UFO Aftershock on CD or DVD ? If DVD, how many MByte ?
              In case you've disabled Autoplay, is it possible, that the topology of the media you've used is by accident close enough to the original's one, or have you succeeded in other Starforce titles as well ?
              I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

UFO Aftershock is on DVD. I haven't tried any other StarForce DVDs with BlindWrite though.

I hadn't disabled Autoplay by the way!

Comment

@NetSoerfer
                  Usually all non-Securom topologies will be ignored by Blindwrite 5 and not embedded in Autoplay
                  ... or haven't you burned at all ?

I don't doubt that it worked for you for any reason, but it shouldn't (independent of Autoplay capabilities the topology is much to short to authenticate SF key)
                  Last edited by Terramex; 25.12.2005, 12:16.
                  I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

I was just using the image with Daemon Tools, haven't burned it. I never do anymore.

Sorry, guess I kind of missed the point.

Comment

Originally Posted by n1kos
                      the story goes as follows..

array scan >> sf 3.6.10.3 detected

1. iso creation by blindwrite
                      2. iso mounted on dt4
                      3. installation from iso successful
                      4. sfup
                      5. sfcure64
                      6. drives' power unplugged
                      6. launch&error for serial even though it is correct

tired of trying & trying so i'm asking for your piece of advice..
                      Hi n1kos!
                      I tried all steps like you...and to the begin have the same results!!
                      but after one day trying all possibilities..to the end i unplugged phisically the cables from the CDrom and Dvdrom player. I leaved only the power CD-Dvd Cables.
                      And then i reboot the pc.
                      Miracle!!! Gt Legends in this way works!!! perfect!!
                      The only way is that to use the Cd and Dvd player you need to plug again them.. but until don't get a crack for this we can use in this way!!..
                      Thank all people that write in many forums suggestions to us!.
                      Ciao from italy!

Comment

@montecarlo1
                        Would you please attach your B5T file ?

Comment

I Have only found 2 ways to run this game from an image...

1. Create a good full image using alcohol 120% and copy it to another machine networked to yours. Unplug the IDE cable from any optical drives on your machine. use sfn or similar to disable node and mount the image in DT4. It works but unplugging still sux.

2. Create a good full image using alcohol 120% and save it to a raid disc (Luckily my mobo has raid). use sfn to disable your optical drive and mount the image in DT4. Easy as...Works every time.

Apparently it also works if you save the image on a hard drive connected to a pci ide card.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex
                            @montecarlo1
                            Would you please attach your B5T file ?
                            Where can i found the Bt5 file?
                            then i can send it.

Comment

Originally Posted by montecarlo1
                              Where can i found the Bt5 file?
                              then i can send it.
                              Sorry, (once again ) i haven't read closely; you didn't use a B5T with topology at all, just ISO (it's a great exception (or bug) that one can run a SF title only from an ISO)

Comment

This is how it works for me without unplugging IDE cables:
                                1. Created 1-1 image in Alcohol 120% (high DPM, speed 1x)
                                2. Mounted image in DTv4. Set RMPS emulation (others not needed)
                                3. Installed game and SF drivers.
                                4. Patched game to v1.1 (SF driver 3.6.10.06)
                                5. Disabled CD and ATA (!) in SFN (ATA has to be disabled)
                                6. Run game. :wink:

Notes:
                                I have nForce4 MB and game is installed on SATA drives in RAID, image is also on these drives, if that has to do with anything.
                                When finished playing first enable ATA then CD in SFN in order to have CD drive restored.
                                Last edited by shtef; 30.01.2006, 15:43.

Comment

Working...
                                X