Networking vs. Starforce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Networking vs. Starforce

Since this is my first post I would like to express my greetings to all of you around here!

Great job you guys and special thanks to the entire team of Daemon Tools. Keep up the good work!

I have searched across this forum a post which might help me decide whether to proceed & complete an older project of mine.

Since I have not yet found an answer, please allow me to describe in a few words what's all this about...

I have a HP ZX5070 US laptop (which is not very happy to see himself dismantled in order to allow me to play peacefully a Starforce protected game), and I do also have a desktop system which, unfortunately, does have only a normal CD-RW and not a DVD+RW like its mobile brother.

My ideea after reading most of the posts around here, is that
    I can install any StarForce protected game on my desktop system and after removing the optical drive, I will be able to easily play it from the laptop (via my home network).

The reason I am calling "a project" this whole mumbo-jumbo idea is that the current configuration of the desktop system is rather old and out of date (K6II@400Mhz), but I plan to buy at a very convenient price a new motherboard (ASUS A7v880 + new processor).

Any comments, remarks, suggestions, ideas, are warmly appreciated!

Thank you!

uhh.. what is your question ?
    if you want to use starforce games over a network, there are some 455 threads about that subjects on the forums, but i don't think it will be easy..

Comment

Step-by-step guides, notes, explanations...

Originally Posted by noib
      uhh.. what is your question ?
      if you want to use starforce games over a network, there are some 455 threads about that subjects on the forums, but i don't think it will be easy..
      Mea Culpa...perhaps I was too elusive in my previous message .

Please send me a reference to a post which can provide me informations regarding the possibility to play on my laptop (via a home network) a Starforce protected game which is properly installed (even mounted with Daemon Tools) on a desktop system.

Step-by-step guides, notes, explanations, questions...please feel free to send or quote. Thank you!

Comment

AS i understand it, you want to install the game on the desktop, but play from the laptop?? unless you have gigabit ethernet(and in my opinion not even then) will the desktop be able to feed data to your laptop quick enough.

If you meant mount on your desktop and install/run from laptop, wont work. Since the starforce drivers would be installed on your lappy, which would be able to tell things arent right.

Comment

Originally Posted by phoenixphylok
          AS i understand it, you want to install the game on the desktop, but play from the laptop?? unless you have gigabit ethernet(and in my opinion not even then) will the desktop be able to feed data to your laptop quick enough.

Are you 100% sure that the game will work without any (protection) problems if I will install the game on the desktop and run it from my laptop?

It would really be no problem at all for me to invest also in a "state of the art" 10/100/1000 Pci Network Card and also configure it properly to work at decent transfer speeds...so you actually gave me good news!

However I somehow doubt that the laptop is able to extract a specific amount of game data from the MK4018GAS (4200rpm HDD) alot slower than it might be able to extract from the same amount via network.

Comment

Perhaps I should have started a poll

So...is it possible or is it not to run on my notebook the game mounted on the desktower?

Comment

Working...
            X