Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 43

Thread: APE support!

Quote Originally Posted by NetSoerfer
    Being able to mount those files (maybe even with an EAC CUE sheet - see below) would greatly simplify converting to other codecs (e.g. MP3 for a portable MP3 player). It would also make burning easier - EAC doesn't support on-the-fly burning of FLAC files (e.g. if you want to listen to the album on your car audio - nobody would (ab)use original CDs in his car, right?).[/code]
    like someone already said, foobar can do this (open cue+ape/convert/burn).

-andy-

Is APE actually a CD-image format? If not, wouldn't this make DTools more bloated?
    To contact me privately, pray. I might answer.

Master

Nope, it's an audio format that, combined with a cue file, allows you to burn it like an image. Much like cue/wav and cue/mp3.

Quote Originally Posted by Jito463
    Nope, it's an audio format that, combined with a cue file, allows you to burn it like an image. Much like cue/wav and cue/mp3.
    Looks like "cue/anythingyoucanimagine" to me.
    To contact me privately, pray. I might answer.

This makes perfect sense, also supporting of non-standard CUE sheets as created by EAC: Re-ripping of dozens and hundreds of CDs is much faster. These re-rips may be necessary when you switch from one application to another that doesn't understand the former ripping "format" (i.e. non-standard cue + append gaps to multiple tracks -> single image wave + standard cue).

If DT would understand non-compliant CUE sheets and has the ability to support multiple audio formats either built-in or through third party plugins, then it would surely be the only virtual CD software to do this. Which would be great for DT (and those who are desperately waiting for such a thing).
    Last edited by Red Dwarf : 02.11.2005 at 11:21

New User

Default Regarding the use of .ape images

I too have been looking for ape support with Daemon. In fact, it was the first thing I looked for, after creating my first .ape image file. It is true that there is some limited support in WinAmp for example and that it is possible to burn through Nero with a third party plugin but it is not as easy as one would hope and one is stuck with particular programs. I think that lossless audio format is the future and this will be gradually more appearant as people get more serious about having their PC:s do everything. We already have the cheap hard drive space. The sound is distinctly better. It would certainly give Daemon Tools an extra edge! I would certanly be prepared to pay for it.

I would like to see DT support .APE file as well.

Currently I'm doing .ape -->.nrg use nero with a ape plugin, then mount .nrg image with DT.

Thank you for the good work.

John

Quote Originally Posted by scanboy
    Currently I'm doing .ape -->.nrg use nero with a ape plugin, then mount .nrg image with DT.
    why would you do something like that? why not just listen to/convert/burn the .ape file directly??

-andy-

"why would you do something like that? why not just listen to/convert/burn the .ape file directly??"

Because then it'd quite tedious to rip individual tracks off an audio cd. Many ppl don't have time to edit and single out 20+ tracks with cooledit pro

Quote Originally Posted by AndyMutz
    why would you do something like that? why not just listen to/convert/burn the .ape file directly??

-andy-
    One example would be checking DTS volumes.
    I use powerdvd for listening to 5.1 DTS audio CD-s.
    If I just throw the .ape file at it, it wont recognise it, of course.
    I need to mount it as a volume, in order to get powerdvd working with it.

Getting a dvd-audio/DTS player software that recognises all the formats DT does _PLUS_ .ape would be another solution...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast