• Show
Clear All

Hello freestyle,

please check the following two threads and see if they solve your problem:

How to remove DAEMON Tools v4 and
    My system won't boot after installation of v4, or problems with SPTD.SYS
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

I have the same problem with my computer, installation ends at "Failed to oped config key", im not sure how those links are supposed to help me, they dont.. (btw is it supposed ot be 'oped' or 'open')

Comment

Have you tried it with NetSoerfers infos. If it won't work for you, shutdown your pc and start in safe mode (F8) remove the sptd driver (see Netsoerfers infos) and install them with the sptd setup: http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/down...tegory&catid=5
        then reboot and try to install DT 4.03.
        Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

failed to open config sys

First, I read al the report and solution ppl get for this problem.

So, I tried go to save mode, and add the SPTDinst X86, than reboot to install the program, same problem. Does not matter if I boot back into safe mode with hitting Esc key or without, or even boot to the normal windows. THE ERROE MESSAGE STILL POP UP.

Second, I go to windows/system32/drivers to remove sptd.sys and sptd5517.sys, reboot. Windows than tell me that I am missing a service file, run the installation program, need to reboot to finished the installation. After reboot, ERROR message again.

I am using windows 2003 enterprise, and I have tried everything ppl already talked about on the forum. Please help me.

Comment

Maybe you could try this:
            When testing Daemon Tools with Vista (it doesn't work), I discovered that a key created by sptdinst has incorrect permissions, I don't know if it is related, just give a try and give your feedback.

The key is the following:
            HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\sptd\Cfg

To apply correct permissions on it, you should:
            1. run regedit
            2. goto the key
            3. right mouse button -> permissions on th Cfg key
            4. "advanced" button
            5. I've got only one permission entry for administrator. Delete it
            6. Check inherit from parent ... and replace permissions entries on all child objects ...

and apply.

HTH,

Comment

SPTD permissions

The key has correct permissions. I recommend not changing them.
              the modern world:
              net helpmsg 4006

Comment

can't run installer

can't run installer it stops with this error:

i was unable to uninstall for reinstalling and removed registry entries matching "daemon tools" and all binaries

what could help me to install 400 or 403 version? thanks!

Comment

Try to run setup in safe mode to complete SPTD layer installation, then continue with Daemon Tools installation in normal mode.
                  Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
                  They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

I tried it, still can't get it to work

Comment

Originally Posted by poloce
                      I tried it, still can't get it to work
                      Does Windows Server 2003 have more stringent registry or file reading/writing permissions?

What Service Pack are you using and what kind of CPU do you have (32 bit, 64 bit)?
                      the modern world:
                      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Same issue - fix doesn't work

I downloaded the sptdinst_x86.exe app. I booted to safe mode command prompt. When I try to install, it says the same thing "failed to oped config key"

When I try to remove, it tells me it is not installed.

What now?

When happened: XP Home to XP Pro upgrade

Comment

Originally Posted by Underheaven
                          Does Windows Server 2003 have more stringent registry or file reading/writing permissions?

What Service Pack are you using and what kind of CPU do you have (32 bit, 64 bit)?

I think it's pretty much the same as XP, I use dual core 3800+
                          service pack 1 I think

by the way, I reinstall win 2003, and it let me install in the beginning, and it reboot, after reboot, the installation continue, and I got the same error message, so I don't know if 2003 stops any program from doing any change to Sptd once it's install. In that case, I can't install it in normal mode and safe mode will just keep repeating the same procress by keep instaling the Sptd.
                          Last edited by poloce; 02.02.2006, 03:26.

Comment

pointing to thread SPTD.sys and other .sys problem

poloce, the continual loop you speak of has been experienced by people on all OSs. I'm not sure of the cause.

You could try manually deleting sptd.sys and installing in safe mode as mentioned in the following post:

Last edited by Underheaven; 02.02.2006, 13:38.
                            the modern world:
                            net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Cannot install Daemon! Error message help!

This error happened right after I had repaired my windows xp. I tried to reinstall Daemon again, but first this warning comes....

Then when I click "OK" I get this error and it cancels the installation!! Please help!

Comment

Originally Posted by Underheaven
                                poloce, the continual loop you speak of has been experienced by people on all OSs. I'm not sure of the cause.

You could try manually deleting sptd.sys and installing in safe mode as mentioned in the following post:

http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/show...8022#post48022
                                I already try that a few times too, deleting the sptd files, but after it reboot, still can not install the program

Comment

Working...
                                X