Another way to defeat starforce.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another way to defeat starforce.

I posted this way on gamecopyworld too.I will be happy if somebody test it.for me it works perfectly.Here is the method:

My harddisk is SerialATA so i have only optical drives attached to my IDE controller.So to play starforce protected games i just disable my IDE controller in device manager ( The whole IDE controller not the optical drives ) , mount the image in daemon tools 4 and play.After playing i just enable again the IDE controller and my optical drives appear again.No need to restart.I tested this with Prince of persia T2T and in a few hours i will test it with X3 Reunion also.I will be very happy if somebody with sata harddrive can test this way with other starforce games.This trick works for X3 Reunion also.

I made a little research and a few experiments for the problem with PC freezing or rebooting during disk verification of starforce.Often this is caused by emulations and virtual device of alcohol 120%.To fix this it is needed first to uncheck all things in Emulation and Extra emulation in File->options menu of alcohol 120% and second disable the alcohol 120% virtual device by setting Number of virtual devices ( File -> options->Virtual device ) to 0.There is no need to uninstall alcohol 120% completely.

Hello,

Isn't it what sfn actually does?

Comment

Originally Posted by _skip
      Hello,

Isn't it what sfn actually does?
      Yes but for versions 3.5 and 3.6 of starforce SFN doesn't work.This method is working for me for the latest starforce.

Comment

Do you have an nforce 3 or 4 motherboard?

Comment

n1

THX for this trick!!!

I tested it with:
          - Splinter Cell Chaos Theory 1.05
          - Prince of Perisa The 2 Thrones

my mainboard:
          Asus A8N Sli (nforce 4)

I only disabled "Standart Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller" in Device-Manager!

Comment

You nforcers.....lucky

Comment

Standart Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller?????

I only disabled "Standart Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller" in Device-Manager![/QUOTE]

How did you disabled it,i can only uninstall it????????

I got Asus A8N-E(nforce4 Ultra)

Comment

öhm.. there's the icon beside the uninstall icon..

You can try to disable Primary, Secondary IDE Channel!

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if an update to SF in the very near future won't close the nforce 'loophole.'

After all, folks in this forum are giving the SF team some vital information in which to develop a stronger SF.

Comment

Dude, this kicks ass.. Works excellent here!!

Just disabled "Standart Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller" in Device Manager. That's it dude! No SFN, no SFCure, nothing.. Best way so far. Thx!

Comment

Forgot to mention.. Works also for PoP: T2T and FIA GTR.

I've tried 3 Starforce games. It was soo easy to run them. I'm glad I have an nForce mobo.

Comment

No Dual

Hello!
                        I was just going to test this to get x3 - reunion to work.
                        I dont want to open up my computer becouse then my guarantee goes out and if something brakes i cannot get it fixed for free.
                        But i dont have that Standard Dual Thingy.
                        This is what i have:

It is on swedish but it should not be that hard to understand what it is anyway ^^
                        So what should i do?

/Dexxa

Comment

Please don't double post, this forum is moderated so it will take sime time until your post will be showing up.
                          You have to unplug the drives, the method which is wrote some post before will only work for X3 if you have a NForce 3/4 board. Shutdown your pc unplug the plugs of your drives mount the mds image and play.
                          If you know to which controller your drives (dvd-rom, writer) are connected you can disable this and try if it's working. Or just look which can be disabled and try it but be careful.
                          Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Ok did not know it was moderated =)

Well like i said before... I dont want to open up my computer becouse of the guarantee.
                            So i can try to disable the IDE channel and try if it works?
                            And if it dont work there is nothing i can do about it?

/Dexxa

Comment

Works also with Asrock Dual Agp/pciex with ULi 1695 chipset

Comment

Working...
                              X