No announcement yet.

Another way to defeat starforce.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Youcan buy an IDE Controller but therfore you've to open up your pc too.
    Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

I never heard of voiding warranty by opening and upgrading your computer.
      Btw: X3 WILL NOT work by only disabling the channel.

Hey Dexxa: are you from germany?
      In germany you won't void your warranty by opening your pc.
      There should be no warranty seal at your tower.
      Last edited by DomiOh; 10.01.2006, 20:34.

Comment

No i am from sweden.
        They sat a warranty like that just to make them not to open up the computer and destroy something.
        They dont want to repair something that (maybe) i intended to destroy in the computer (not that i would), but you never know.

/Dexxa

Comment

That sounds strange to me.
          That's one of the reasons I never would buy a "ready" system.
          I only buy components. But I am able to build a computer system myself.
          But not everyone can do this.

So I respect you don't want to open your PC.
          Last edited by DomiOh; 11.01.2006, 16:49.

Comment

Well i am going in an IT school so i can (If i cant) build my own system.
            But it was my mother who bought this computer for me, so there was nothing i could do =P

/Dexxa

Comment

Originally Posted by neptun
              I posted this way on gamecopyworld too.I will be happy if somebody test it.for me it works perfectly.Here is the method:

My harddisk is SerialATA so i have only optical drives attached to my IDE controller.So to play starforce protected games i just disable my IDE controller in device manager ( The whole IDE controller not the optical drives ) , mount the image in daemon tools 4 and play.After playing i just enable again the IDE controller and my optical drives appear again.No need to restart.I tested this with Prince of persia T2T and in a few hours i will test it with X3 Reunion also.I will be very happy if somebody with sata harddrive can test this way with other starforce games.This trick works for X3 Reunion also.

I made a little research and a few experiments for the problem with PC freezing or rebooting during disk verification of starforce.Often this is caused by emulations and virtual device of alcohol 120%.To fix this it is needed first to uncheck all things in Emulation and Extra emulation in File->options menu of alcohol 120% and second disable the alcohol 120% virtual device by setting Number of virtual devices ( File -> options->Virtual device ) to 0.There is no need to uninstall alcohol 120% completely.
              Same procedure I described long time ago in thread "Hint how to build new SF3 immune configuration" (http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/t728...guration.html).

Edit by NetSoerfer: Repaired the link. Direct links to our own site are perfectly okay

Comment

Hi there,

First of all thank you for this tip, but I'm afraid this won't work for me.
                All I see is this:

I do have an nforce motherboard, but I can't disable the "Nvidia nForce4 Parallel ATA controller"

I tried this for the game "knights of the temple"

any suggestions?

Comment

That means that your harddrives are connected to this controller so you can't disable it. If you disable it with SFN your pc will crash.
                  Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

i can't disable, only desinstall or update. Is it because i use a portable?

Comment

it's 6.00am here, i just read this thread about disabling Standard Dual Channel PCI Ide Controller to make SF protected games work. So, you guys are trying to tell me that I can play most SF3 games because I've an Nforce4? (A8N32-SLi Deluxe) If so... thanks a lot for this workaround!!!!!!! As soon as i've got some spare time I'll try.

Comment

pointing to thread SCSI Blacklists - or why some perfect images won't run with Daemon

Originally Posted by bryanondabeach
                        it's 6.00am here, i just read this thread about disabling Standard Dual Channel PCI Ide Controller to make SF protected games work. So, you guys are trying to tell me that I can play most SF3 games because I've an Nforce4? (A8N32-SLi Deluxe) If so... thanks a lot for this workaround!!!!!!! As soon as i've got some spare time I'll try.
                        Check out this post:
                        SCSI Blacklists - or why some perfect images won't run with Daemon Tools v4
                        the modern world:
                        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Well it wont work with mine either then I suppose because it looks exactly as it does for Proach...only NVIDIA-stuff there. But I dont understand...because I only have my dvd-burner conected to my mainboard. ...my harddrive is conected with serial ATA. ...shouldt I get it to work then?

Comment

SCSI Blacklists - or why some perfect images won't run with Daemon Tools v4

the requirement for SCSI blacklists is the presence of optical IDE drives thus if you connect your dvd-burner via an IDE cable you won't succeed against Starforce 3.xx
                            the modern world:
                            net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Both P-ATA and S-ATA are IDE based, keep that in mind. You need to unplug all your optical IDE drives to get StarForce running.
                              "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

re

i don't have any NForce Parallel Boards
                                i have ASUS P4S8X Mainboard
                                2 internal drives DVD and CD-RW
                                2 HDs not sata HD
                                In ATAPI/IDE at device manager i only have the following options:
                                -IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers:
                                -IDE Primary Channel
                                -IDE Secondary Channel
                                -SiS 5513 IDE UDMA Controller

Am i missing some drivers? can some1 help me pls?

Comment

Working...
                                X