Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 48

Thread: Another way to defeat starforce.

Default Another way to defeat starforce.

I posted this way on gamecopyworld too.I will be happy if somebody test it.for me it works perfectly.Here is the method:

My harddisk is SerialATA so i have only optical drives attached to my IDE controller.So to play starforce protected games i just disable my IDE controller in device manager ( The whole IDE controller not the optical drives ) , mount the image in daemon tools 4 and play.After playing i just enable again the IDE controller and my optical drives appear again.No need to restart.I tested this with Prince of persia T2T and in a few hours i will test it with X3 Reunion also.I will be very happy if somebody with sata harddrive can test this way with other starforce games.This trick works for X3 Reunion also.

I made a little research and a few experiments for the problem with PC freezing or rebooting during disk verification of starforce.Often this is caused by emulations and virtual device of alcohol 120%.To fix this it is needed first to uncheck all things in Emulation and Extra emulation in File->options menu of alcohol 120% and second disable the alcohol 120% virtual device by setting Number of virtual devices ( File -> options->Virtual device ) to 0.There is no need to uninstall alcohol 120% completely.

New User

Hello,

Isn't it what sfn actually does?

Quote Originally Posted by _skip
    Hello,

Isn't it what sfn actually does?
    Yes but for versions 3.5 and 3.6 of starforce SFN doesn't work.This method is working for me for the latest starforce.

Experienced User

Do you have an nforce 3 or 4 motherboard?

New User

Daumen hoch

n1

THX for this trick!!!

I tested it with:
    - Splinter Cell Chaos Theory 1.05
    - Prince of Perisa The 2 Thrones

my mainboard:
    Asus A8N Sli (nforce 4)

I only disabled "Standart Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller" in Device-Manager!

You nforcers.....lucky

New User

Unglücklich Standart Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller?????

I only disabled "Standart Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller" in Device-Manager![/QUOTE]

How did you disabled it,i can only uninstall it????????

I got Asus A8N-E(nforce4 Ultra)

New User

öhm.. there's the icon beside the uninstall icon..

You can try to disable Primary, Secondary IDE Channel!

I wouldn't be surprised if an update to SF in the very near future won't close the nforce 'loophole.'

After all, folks in this forum are giving the SF team some vital information in which to develop a stronger SF.

Dude, this kicks ass.. Works excellent here!!

Just disabled "Standart Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller" in Device Manager. That's it dude! No SFN, no SFCure, nothing.. Best way so far. Thx!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast