No announcement yet.

CureROM Update 1.2.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try the new tool in 3rd party add-ons. It seems to be working just fine with all the securom games without messing up Windows registry

Comment

I have no problems at the moment with protstop.
      I only posted my problem with CureROM to report this problem to the developer to help him with his development.

Comment

what is protStop do you mean SR7.Stop ?

Originally Posted by DomiOh
        CureROM does not work for me.
        Trying with Civilization 4, it tells me that I have to insert the correct DVD-ROM.

Using ProtStop it works fine.
        what is protStop do you mean SR7.Stop ?
        DT 4.08 HE x86 - XP PRO SP2 - P4 3.2GHz - 1Go RAM - geforce 6600 latest drivers - Rock'n'Roll !

Comment

CureROM and HKLM\System\MountedDevices

I've been able to successfully run GTA San Andreas DVD Version 2 (SecureROM 7..) under Win XP from an Alcohol image (latest version) by using an anti-blacklist fix provided by Alcohol support.

However, GTA-SA would still detect emulation unless I deleted the registry value under HKLM\System\MountedDevices corresponding to my virtual drive every time I started the game. If you forget to re-create this deleted value before the next reboot the PC always rewrites the value but with the virtual drive assigned with next spare drive letter - D: in my case.

Because I preferred my virtual drive as Q:, I created a couple of desktop shortcuts to .reg files, one which deleted only MountedDevices value Q: and one which re-wrote it. I could then easily edit the registry before and after playing the game.

CureROM 1.2.2 appeared to be the equivalent of one of my old DOS batch files (that dates me!) which would edit the registry, run the game, the re-edit the registry.

And it works really well and has even enabled me to remove the Alcohol blacklist fix...but...every time I reboot the PC my virtual drive is assigned to D: as if CureROM is not rewriting the MountedDrive Q: value.

I'll play around with CureROM a bit more and perhaps have it unmount the DVD image each time but I just wondered if anyone else has experienced this?

Richard

Comment

Update to CureROM MountedDevices problem

I've tried changing the various settings in CureROM but without success - it will not write back the MountedDevices values after closing the game.

However a word of caution - do not untick the "Smart SCSI CD-ROM Hider" option. This deletes all the MountedDevices values and does not write any of them back. On reboot both my CD and DVD drives were re-assigned next-available letters (they are normally R: and S: ) and all the drive letters for my USB card-reader D: E: F: G: have vanished. I assume that when I next plug it in they will be assigned 4 letters from G: onwards. Also all the drives were identified as CD-ROM drives and I've had to re-initiate them individually to get the correct drive letters names back.

Luckily I backed up the registry before installing CureROM so I will restore it for peace of mind.

Any ideas about what's going on?

Richard

Comment

I can't tell if it's the use of cureRom or not, but it's right that since i started to use it, my virtual drive letters are often reinitialized to the first available letters.
              I'm always using the letters W, X, Y, Z for the 4 daemon virtual drives but it often happens that they come back to the firsts available letters in my system (g,h,i,j).
              I'll try to note if it comes with cureRom use or not...
              DT 4.08 HE x86 - XP PRO SP2 - P4 3.2GHz - 1Go RAM - geforce 6600 latest drivers - Rock'n'Roll !

Comment

This has nothing to do with CureROM - I've the same problem, and I don't use CureROM, but I thought I were the only one who has that.

Maybe we should post it in the bug section.

Comment

Originally Posted by DomiOh
                  ...Maybe we should post it in the bug section.
                  I do find an old post (5 dec 05) which one was mentionning this pb. So i posted there.
                  Here's the thread.

Comment

CureROM and HKLM\System\MountedDevices

There may be other causes for drive letter reassignment - using other registry key-hiding devices - perhaps even installing DT4 itself - but CureRom and it's interaction with my system is defintely my problem as I've not installed DT or any other cloaking devices which address the MountedDevices subkeys.

If you look in the CureROM folder you will see where he program backs-up the deleted MountedDevices subkeys, presumably ready to restore them after you quit the game program. However, this final stage doesn't seem to function on my machine:

XP Home
                    Pentium 4 3.2GHz 32-bit
                    Nvidia 6800GT
                    SATA Drive

I can restore the backed-up subkeys manually from the CureROM folder of course, but this is more or less equivalent to my own home-brewed solution anyway.

Richard

Comment

I'm busy on updating CureROM, i'll look into your problems...
                      Mail:
                      curerom @ daemon-tools.cc

Comment

thanks sYk0

I've tested some cureRom shortcut with differents options but the letters didn't change, then I rebooted the PC and only after my drives letters were changed.
                        I don't really understand when this change occurs becoz I looked into msconfig before to reboot and i didn't see any cureRom reg file there ...
                        But no worry, I'll wait till next cureRom release...thanx sYk0...

EDIT: I'm not fully convinced it's cureRom, but some facts make me points to it. Also, i can't test as much times i would want because my PC easily take 2/3 minutes to fully restart, so, it's very boring to have to reboot often in order to do tests.
                        Last edited by rip_pit; 15.01.2006, 19:31.

Comment

CureROM has definitely nothing to do with the changing drive letter problem...

Comment

Will try figure out whats going on...
                            CureROM 1.3 is being built from scratch so i'll try iron out as many bugs as posible...

CureROM 1.3 should(approx) be avalible at the end of Jan 06.
                            Mail:
                            curerom @ daemon-tools.cc

Comment

Are you still going to mess with Windows Registries or have you found more elegant way to solve the problem ?

Comment

Im having a weird problem with curerom. it works on my main pc, but on my laptop, it doesn't work.
                                the option where you select the virtual software you want to use is blacked out for daemon tools and alcohol, and instead it says (disabled-run curerom setup).

Ive uninstalled curerom and reinstalled it, also reinstalled daemon tools. does any body know whats wrong.

picture: http://img475.imageshack.us/img475/1...omerror7dz.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X