Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 50

Thread: CureROM Update 1.2.2

Experienced User

try setting the app to one core and see if it helps

Default how to use cure

hey could anyone give me detailed instructions on how to use sfcure and sfnightmare?

Default Launcher

On some games, such as MotoGP 3: Ultimate Riding Technology, the protection checks the launcher; if it is still open, the game won't start.
    Can you insert an option to disable the autoplay?
    Thanks

Experienced User

PROBLEM: If you only update a gamez profile, then therez no need to make new shortcuts, but the update button greys out if none of the options are selected.

SUGGESTION: allow the updating of profiles without having to make new shortcuts. :-)

Experienced User

CureROM does not work for me.
    Trying with Civilization 4, it tells me that I have to insert the correct DVD-ROM.

Using ProtStop it works fine.

Try the new tool in 3rd party add-ons. It seems to be working just fine with all the securom games without messing up Windows registry

Experienced User

I have no problems at the moment with protstop.
    I only posted my problem with CureROM to report this problem to the developer to help him with his development.

Default what is protStop do you mean SR7.Stop ?

Quote Originally Posted by DomiOh
    CureROM does not work for me.
    Trying with Civilization 4, it tells me that I have to insert the correct DVD-ROM.

Using ProtStop it works fine.
    what is protStop do you mean SR7.Stop ?
    DT 4.08 HE x86 - XP PRO SP2 - P4 3.2GHz - 1Go RAM - geforce 6600 latest drivers - Rock'n'Roll !

Default CureROM and HKLM\System\MountedDevices

I've been able to successfully run GTA San Andreas DVD Version 2 (SecureROM 7..) under Win XP from an Alcohol image (latest version) by using an anti-blacklist fix provided by Alcohol support.

However, GTA-SA would still detect emulation unless I deleted the registry value under HKLM\System\MountedDevices corresponding to my virtual drive every time I started the game. If you forget to re-create this deleted value before the next reboot the PC always rewrites the value but with the virtual drive assigned with next spare drive letter - D: in my case.

Because I preferred my virtual drive as Q:, I created a couple of desktop shortcuts to .reg files, one which deleted only MountedDevices value Q: and one which re-wrote it. I could then easily edit the registry before and after playing the game.

CureROM 1.2.2 appeared to be the equivalent of one of my old DOS batch files (that dates me!) which would edit the registry, run the game, the re-edit the registry.

And it works really well and has even enabled me to remove the Alcohol blacklist fix...but...every time I reboot the PC my virtual drive is assigned to D: as if CureROM is not rewriting the MountedDrive Q: value.

I'll play around with CureROM a bit more and perhaps have it unmount the DVD image each time but I just wondered if anyone else has experienced this?

Richard

Default Update to CureROM MountedDevices problem

I've tried changing the various settings in CureROM but without success - it will not write back the MountedDevices values after closing the game.

However a word of caution - do not untick the "Smart SCSI CD-ROM Hider" option. This deletes all the MountedDevices values and does not write any of them back. On reboot both my CD and DVD drives were re-assigned next-available letters (they are normally R: and S: ) and all the drive letters for my USB card-reader D: E: F: G: have vanished. I assume that when I next plug it in they will be assigned 4 letters from G: onwards. Also all the drives were identified as CD-ROM drives and I've had to re-initiate them individually to get the correct drive letters names back.

Luckily I backed up the registry before installing CureROM so I will restore it for peace of mind.

Any ideas about what's going on?

Richard

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast