Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 50

Thread: CureROM Update 1.2.2

I can't tell if it's the use of cureRom or not, but it's right that since i started to use it, my virtual drive letters are often reinitialized to the first available letters.
    I'm always using the letters W, X, Y, Z for the 4 daemon virtual drives but it often happens that they come back to the firsts available letters in my system (g,h,i,j).
    I'll try to note if it comes with cureRom use or not...
    DT 4.08 HE x86 - XP PRO SP2 - P4 3.2GHz - 1Go RAM - geforce 6600 latest drivers - Rock'n'Roll !

Experienced User

This has nothing to do with CureROM - I've the same problem, and I don't use CureROM, but I thought I were the only one who has that.

Maybe we should post it in the bug section.

Quote Originally Posted by DomiOh
    ...Maybe we should post it in the bug section.
    I do find an old post (5 dec 05) which one was mentionning this pb. So i posted there.
    Here's the thread.
    DT 4.08 HE x86 - XP PRO SP2 - P4 3.2GHz - 1Go RAM - geforce 6600 latest drivers - Rock'n'Roll !

Default CureROM and HKLM\System\MountedDevices

There may be other causes for drive letter reassignment - using other registry key-hiding devices - perhaps even installing DT4 itself - but CureRom and it's interaction with my system is defintely my problem as I've not installed DT or any other cloaking devices which address the MountedDevices subkeys.

If you look in the CureROM folder you will see where he program backs-up the deleted MountedDevices subkeys, presumably ready to restore them after you quit the game program. However, this final stage doesn't seem to function on my machine:

XP Home
    Pentium 4 3.2GHz 32-bit
    Nvidia 6800GT
    SATA Drive

I can restore the backed-up subkeys manually from the CureROM folder of course, but this is more or less equivalent to my own home-brewed solution anyway.

Richard

Experienced User

I'm busy on updating CureROM, i'll look into your problems...
    Mail:
    curerom @ daemon-tools.cc

Default thanks sYk0

I've tested some cureRom shortcut with differents options but the letters didn't change, then I rebooted the PC and only after my drives letters were changed.
    I don't really understand when this change occurs becoz I looked into msconfig before to reboot and i didn't see any cureRom reg file there ...
    But no worry, I'll wait till next cureRom release...thanx sYk0...

EDIT: I'm not fully convinced it's cureRom, but some facts make me points to it. Also, i can't test as much times i would want because my PC easily take 2/3 minutes to fully restart, so, it's very boring to have to reboot often in order to do tests.
    Last edited by rip_pit : 15.01.2006 at 18:31

Experienced User

CureROM has definitely nothing to do with the changing drive letter problem...

Experienced User

Will try figure out whats going on...
    CureROM 1.3 is being built from scratch so i'll try iron out as many bugs as posible...

CureROM 1.3 should(approx) be avalible at the end of Jan 06.
    Mail:
    curerom @ daemon-tools.cc

Are you still going to mess with Windows Registries or have you found more elegant way to solve the problem ?

Experienced User

Im having a weird problem with curerom. it works on my main pc, but on my laptop, it doesn't work.
    the option where you select the virtual software you want to use is blacked out for daemon tools and alcohol, and instead it says (disabled-run curerom setup).

Ive uninstalled curerom and reinstalled it, also reinstalled daemon tools. does any body know whats wrong.

picture: http://img475.imageshack.us/img475/1...omerror7dz.jpg

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast