CureROM Update 1.2.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CureROM Update 1.2.2

The 1.2 update was a bit of a mess, there was a mishap (on our part) compiling the setup, we noticed (too late) that the setup was compiled with the wrong (outdated) file.

What is CureROM? ,click here to find out more.

Whats New:
    ==========

Version 1.2.1:
    - Added better SCSI CD-ROM hiding procedure.
    - Added option to NOT to hide any SCSI Devices.
    - Added option for running application on a single CPU thread (for "multi/dual core" proccessor computers only), although this option does not relate to SCSI blacklisting it was added for some applications (eg: Star Wars: Battlefront 2) that would not run correctly on "multi/dual core" proccessor systems (Tested on Intel Pentium 4 with Hyper-Threading) More info here.
    - Added option to disable system tray icon. (Check CureROM Settings)
    - Added option to disable "Balloon Tips" in the system tray. (Check CureROM Settings)
    - Added/Fixed button in the "Welcome" page to delete profile(s).
    - Added preview of Icon for the shortcut(s).
    - Improved functionality for shortcut(s) locations.
    - Fixed minor errors while creating/editing profiles.

Version 1.1:
    Intital CureROM release.

Version 1.0:
    Internal BETA testing

Download Locations:
    MegaUpload
    Rapid Share
    GameGuru Mania (Update Pending)
    Last edited by sYk0; 04.01.2006, 01:52.
    Mail:
    curerom @ daemon-tools.cc

great job, 1 typing error, 1 suggestion

Hi sYk0 you've done a great job with this tools which is lovely hot and works perfectly !

1 typing error: in a word at the end of a profile creation process, on the "creation completed: Show the status of the profiles ..." window, in the log you get the line : "irtual drive Un-Mount: No", the "V" of "Virtual" is missing.

1 suggestion: maybe you already know, but it would be a nice feature to keep the last choosen start menu directory where to add the new shortcuts (Shortcut options window > "Create additional shortcuts eg: start menu\programs" listbox). I only got the 2 standard entries but not the one i choose.

Hope new releases will come soon, let us know about it ... cureRom is a Killing App ! thanx
    DT 4.08 HE x86 - XP PRO SP2 - P4 3.2GHz - 1Go RAM - geforce 6600 latest drivers - Rock'n'Roll !

Comment

Nice Post, rip_pit

Thanks for the input, and you'll be pleased to know your suggestions/fixes will be addresed in the next release.
      Mail:

Comment

Is it not possible to manually select whether the game will run on on one CPU?? The option seems to be greyed out. It may be better to leave it default checked but changeable.

Keep up the nice work!!

Comment

Originally Posted by al1uk
          Is it not possible to manually select whether the game will run on on one CPU?? The option seems to be greyed out. It may be better to leave it default checked but changeable.

Keep up the nice work!!
          Whoops, seems i forgot to set this option correctly.

Check the next release of CureROM...

Thanks Al1uk for spotting this.
          Mail:

Comment

CureROM Update 1.2.2

What’s New:
            ==========

Version 1.2.2:
            - Added "Auto save" last directory for "Additional Shortcuts". [Suggested by: rip_pit]
            - Fixed "Single CPU/Thread" option, you can now select whether you want this option enabled\disabled. - [Reported by: al1uk]
            - Fixed error when selecting "Run the CureROM profile wizard again" on the completed page, (Next button would be disabled).
            - Fixed error when option not to show "Welcome Screen" is enabled (Displayed incorrect page and generated an error).
            - Fixed errors while creating/editing profiles.
            - Fixed some spelling errors in the profile generation log. [Reported by: rip_pit]

For information on previous updates, check the readme.

Download Locations:
            MegaUpload
            Rapid Share
            GameGuru Mania

You wanted updates... now you have them...

Enjoy... :p
            Last edited by sYk0; 04.01.2006, 09:49.
            Mail:

Comment

watch your mail !

hey sYk0, i just send you an email which contains some notes about this latest release.
              the fix/new features are great ! thank you.
              DT 4.08 HE x86 - XP PRO SP2 - P4 3.2GHz - 1Go RAM - geforce 6600 latest drivers - Rock'n'Roll !

Comment

hmmm how come I seem to be the only one who is having trouble with curerom? lol I tried using this but I still can't run my back up copy of battlefront2 using dt4. any suggestions? thanks

Comment

try to specify your OS + hardware descriptions coz it's important before soemone can give you some help. I don't have battlefront2 so i could not help. what kind of protection is used for this game ?

Comment

I've gotten battlefront II to work a few times using CureROM, but I can't now all of a sudden. Would the duel core thing have anything to do with this?

Comment

try setting the app to one core and see if it helps

Comment

how to use cure

hey could anyone give me detailed instructions on how to use sfcure and sfnightmare?

Comment

Launcher

On some games, such as MotoGP 3: Ultimate Riding Technology, the protection checks the launcher; if it is still open, the game won't start.
                          Can you insert an option to disable the autoplay?
                          Thanks
                          Homepage: http://xoomer.virgilio.it/otrebla92

Comment

PROBLEM: If you only update a gamez profile, then therez no need to make new shortcuts, but the update button greys out if none of the options are selected.

SUGGESTION: allow the updating of profiles without having to make new shortcuts. :-)

Comment

CureROM does not work for me.
                              Trying with Civilization 4, it tells me that I have to insert the correct DVD-ROM.

Using ProtStop it works fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X