Problems Installing Quake 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems Installing Quake 4

Hello guys, i dont know if Im in the right place, but i need your help.

Im trying to install Quake 4, but im getting an error when it start to copy the files. I get the following error:

The system cannot read of the specified device

Or something like else, because im getting this error in portuguese. I make the image with the CloneCD using Game Protected option with cue file. I can run Quake 4 normally with the image (in another pc i had installed it by the cd), but i cant install it. Thanks and if im in the wrong place sorry, im new here.

Download Alcohol 120% (www.alcohol-software.com <--trial version).
    Now make an image with Alcohol. Just choose the image making wizard and press next. If it's on cd then choose the safedisk 2/3 profile of Alcohol. If it's on dvd then you can enable the ignore/skip read error's option.
    After you finished making your image successful,mount it and try to install quake 4 with this image.
    Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Quake 4 problems

Hey I got a problem with quake 4, i couldnt install it with the original cds because the CD 2 has an error that says "Verify that the file exists or that u can access it", then i created an image of CD 2 of quake4 with Alcohol 120% and then installed and all went ok. I opened quake 4 but now i cant play, when i click on New game it begins loading and then it returns to the main menu, then i tried multiplayer but i cant join any game, because it says im missing some files, and i already downloaded the update and cant access any server, i cant even create a game.
      I will appreciate ur help thanx alot.

Comment

Contact game support. You must be able to install the game from the original cds without any error, otherwise it can not work.
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Working...
        X