DT fucks up Win2k with nForce2 Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT fucks up Win2k with nForce2 Drivers

Hello, i have a serious problem with DT (All Versions). I've installed the latest nForce2 Drivers (2.41) for my K7N2G-LISR and after rebooting Win2k comes up with this Blue Sceen error msg:

*** STOP: 0x00000050 (0xEB8B0000, 0x00000001,0x8042523D,0x00000000)
    PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

*** Adress 8042523D base at 80400000, DateStamp 3d366b8b - ntoskrnl.exe

I also had another Error msg after i reinstalled Win2k. It was something about a Program which tried to write in the memory and Win2k didnt allow that. I forgot to write down this error msg. I think it's a problem with the latest Memory or IDE driver of the 2.41 Nforce2 Drivers cause there's no prblem with the old Drivers.

I'm running Windows 2000 + SP3 (SP3 doesn't solve the Problem, btw)
    MSI K7N2G-LISR v1.x
    Nforce2 Drivers: 2.41

I hope you can fix it.

Why do you blame daemon tools? Do you not get errors when you uninstall daemon tools?

Comment

@ODB
      read this : http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=nforce_udp_winxp_2.03
      nVidia said
      Updated May 23, 2003: If you have previously downloaded the 2.41 or 2.42 nForce kits and have experienced any problems please follow these instructions on how to re-install previous drivers.
      I guess there might be some bugs in the latest driver from nVidia!
      If 2.03 works fine for you, I suggest that you can just use 2.03 at this moment.

Comment

NForce2 issues

Operating System: Windows XP
        Burning Software: Nero 63117
        Anti-virus Software: Norton 2003
        DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

I, too, was plauged with NForce2 issues. However, when I chose NOT to install the IDESW drivers included in the driver package, I ceased having this problem. The chipset drivers are installed, but I allow XP to manage my north bridge. This may be a way for you to get your setup working as well.

Comment

Working...
        X