Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have trouble with the latest Nero Version and D-Tools?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have trouble with the latest Nero Version and D-Tools?

When I burn disks in DAO or DAO/96 mode with Nero 5.5.10.28, it seems to work, but reports that it fails:

9:19:49 AM #44 Phase 38 File APIProgress.cpp, Line 224
    Burn process failed at 4x (600 KB/s)
    9:19:49 AM #45 Text 0 File Scsicmd.cpp, Line 406
    SCSI not using temporary buffers
    20 out of 20 temporary buffers allocated

The reason I'm thinking it might have something to do with D-Tools 3.33 is that the Nero log has a ? by the D-Tools Drive.

Recorder: <HP CD-Writer+ 8200> Version: 1.0f - HA 1 TA 1 - 5.5.10.28

Adapter driver: <IdeChnDr> HA 1

Drive buffer : 2048kB

Bus Type : default (0) -> ATAPI, detected: ATAPI

=== Scsi-Device-Map ===

DiskPeripheral : WDC WD1000BB-00CAA1 IdeChnDr Port 0 ID 0 DMA: On

DiskPeripheral : QUANTUM FIREBALLP LM30.0 IdeChnDr Port 0 ID 1 DMA: Off

CdRomPeripheral : Lite-On LTN483S 48x Max IdeChnDr Port 1 ID 0 DMA: On

CdRomPeripheral : HP CD-Writer+ 8200 IdeChnDr Port 1 ID 1 DMA: Off

CdRomPeripheral : Generic STEALTH DVD st3wolf Port 2 ID 0 DMA: ?

I haven't tried uninstalling D-Tools yet to see what happens. I have all Windows updates as of today. Only other burning software I have ever had installed is Fireburner, and it does not report any errors. Again Nero Works in TAO, and seems to work in DAO. However DAO always reports the above error, despite media type used. I don't know how accurate the DMA settings reported are either due to Intel's Application Accelerator. That could be the culprit too. I'm not sure.

What version of dtools did you have before or was this first time install? I've also got latest nero + dtools 3.33 and i have no problems using it. Are you doing copy-on-the-fly or are you trying to write an already made image?

Comment

Burning .mp3 from hd to audio disk.

I'm a long time user of D-Tools, but I fresh-installed Windows 2000, so this is the first time I have used 3.33. 3.33 is also the only version that was installed on this machine.

I installed nero from the CD I had, then immediately upgraded it to the latest version as well.

I have problems when burning from hard drive in DAO mode. TAO is fine. DAO causes nero to cut the last track off and report an error.

I can do DAO in FireBurner without problems.

It's probablly not a D-Tools problem, but I just figured I'd see if anyone here had the same issue. Thanks for the reply.

I didn't have the issue on the same hardware back in the D-Tools 2.8 nero 5.5.9.17 days.

Comment

hmm, what happens when you deinstall daemon tools??

Comment

Try to update ASPI drivers and/or delete/rename the WNASPI32.DLL in program files/ahead/nero-directory.
          Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
          They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Good idea. I have the latest Nero ASPI dll in the Nero directory. But I also have the latest Adaptec ASPI drivers installed in Windows. So I suppose Nero uses the Adaptec ASPI layer if you rename the one in the directory. The files are definately different. However, I have the same problem regardless. The reason it is a big deal is becuause I don't see an option to burn in TAO mode from the Windows Media Player Plugin. Thanks for the good idea though.

Comment

I did disable all my Daemon drives, with eliminates the SCSI ? I mentioned in my first post. So I don't think this has much if anything to do with D-Tools. Thanks for your help though.

Comment

I resolved my problem by reinstalling nero. Go figure. I don't know what was wrong with my previous install. But I found another guy at http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...ing.google.com that had the same type of problem with Nero.

Comment

Working...
                X