Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where exactly are you downloading and uploading these images?

Comment

Why do you ask such a question? Do you want to download his personal backups? That would be highly illegal, I guess... At least if there are images with commercial software on it... On the other hand, if there was _no_ commercial software on it, you wouldn't have asked, right? So don't drift off on those paths. It really begins to annoy me if people do that. He did not _ever_ mention anything illegal, so don't put words like these into other peoples' mouths.
      Let's stay on topic and hope in the next version there is support for compressed images of *ANY* kind.

Just my 2 bucks.
      Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.

Comment

No, I don't want to download his files. I'm a member of the support team at Alcohol Soft and also provide unnofficial support occassionally here at DTools site. I was asking to ensure it wasn't leading to talk of illegal downloads. Stop putting words into my mouth.

Comment

UIF format support (COMPRESSION)

I make feature request for support of UIF image format. Reason for this is that UIF supports compression like RLE algorith, allowing for many time smaller images sometimes...

Daemon tools does not support any format that allows compression!

Comment

isz format specification

Comment

While daemon tools doesn't support compression it will run fine if the file system transparently compresses files. ( I.E. compressed NTFS files ) So you can always try that.

Comment

Based on many user inputs we actually started work on adding compression to MDS format, so stay tuned.
                After lot of analysis and also based on investigations (eg. xrmb made also great analysis 3 years ago, see start of this thread) we will try ZLIB based method used in GZIP for 16-sector chunks.

Comment

Originally Posted by VeNoM386 View Post
                  Based on many user inputs we actually started work on adding compression to MDS format, so stay tuned.
                  After lot of analysis and also based on investigations (eg. xrmb made also great analysis 3 years ago, see start of this thread) we will try ZLIB based method used in GZIP for 16-sector chunks.
                  That's awesome news!!!

Comment

Direct support for ISZ images planned in next release too.

Comment

• That's great news! I'm actually pretty fond of the UltraISO compressed isz format, as it works nicely (infact, on the highest setting, it actually beats 7-zip Ultra sometimes).

Do you happen to know if the planned support for .isz will also include recognizing .isz split segments feature (.isz, .i01, .i02, etc)? UltraISO's virtual tool does this, but unfortanutely, the majority of my programs don't recognize UltraISO's virtual drive.

Thanks!

Comment

• Full support will be added according to published specification, including split files.

Comment

• All,

which tools/appl. will be able to generate compressed images (expect UltraIso with .isz format) ??

Comment

• So, any news about integrating compressed image in DA ??

Comment

• Next Daemon Tools version will support compressed and encrypted images, so stay tuned. It will be released when it's done.
                              Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
                              They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

• THANKS for the new .isz feature, it is great! I have been waiting years for compressed ISO support.

Have you considered in adding CSO support in a near future? CSO have been proven to be a good compressed format in PSP world and it is not commercial. However it doesn't compress as much as .isz
                                Aldo Vargas
                                http://www.aldostools.com

Comment

Working...
                                X