Daemon Tools Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daemon Tools Review

This is Daemon Tools review on our site.

Nice review!

A few things came to mind though when I read it:
    • You linked directly to the .exe - Please don't deep-link, but rather link to this page:
      http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/download.php
    • You linked to Daemon Tools v3.47 - Daemon Tools v4 was released last year. New versions would also be less of a problem if you only linked to our download section.
    • Daemon Tools isn't free - it's free for personal use. To use it commercially you need to register it!
    • The link to our forum is outdated as well - since we changed the forum software, the directory structure on the server has changed. The new link is
      http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/index.php?
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Originally Posted by NetSoerfer
      Nice review!
      Thanx. I fixed it.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've been uner the impression that the Emulations in Daemon Tools is not necessary when working of an image mounted by DT - the Emulations settings take effect when you're using an actual CD that was created by copying a protected disc, but the protections were not able to be actaully written to the copy due to hardware limitations, for example.

Comment

The emulations option are only necessary if you enter none 1:1 backup cd-r in your drive. That means no Alcohol, Blindwrite or CloneCD backup. At this time the only required option is the RMPS option, the other like Safedisk and Securom emulation are for very old Safedisk games so with new games you don't need to enable them. The RMPS option must be enable if you burned a RMPS backup which is required to get Securom, Starforce and ProtectCD backups working. So if you use a burned RMPS disk you've to enable this option but i've enabled it everrytime because i love the green tray icon.
          For mounting images is no emulation required DT will make this automatically.
          Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Working...
          X