• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual PC on Mac HELP!!!

Hi everyone!

I have got a weird question!
    I have programs for PC that runs only from CD. On my PC things are
    really easy. I mount them as images and the trick works pretty well.
    Now the problem is that I have got many people here that has got Mac.
    I thought that with Virtual PC I would have no problems but ... it is
    not like this.
    The programs don't start even though something happens in the
    TaskManager you can see the exe file ...
    What do I miss??
    By the way I have VPC 6

HELP!!!!!

Virtual PC on Mac HELP!!!

Hi everyone!

I have got a weird question!
    I have programs for PC that runs only from CD. On my PC things are
    really easy. I mount them as images and the trick works pretty well.
    Now the problem is that I have got many people here that has got Mac.
    I thought that with Virtual PC I would have no problems but ... it is
    not like this.
    The programs don't start even though something happens in the
    TaskManager you can see the exe file ...
    What do I miss??
    By the way I have VPC 6

HELP!!!!!

Comment

Re: Virtual PC on Mac HELP!!!

So you've got an apple computer running what Operating System, Tiger? Then you have what version of windows running via Microsoft Virtual PC (mac version)? Are you installing DAEMON Tools into the virtual machine?
      the modern world:
      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Mac Mac

The OS is 10.4.4 Tiger ...
        The OS in VPC 6 for Mac is an XP Prof.
        ... and yes the program I am using to creat images is Deamon.
        On my PC the images, the Deamon everything looks great but in this situation ... my God.
        By the way I have tried to put in the Original CD for the programs but they don't work I mean you can see them from XP you can run them but the program themselves don't work at all, well if it wasn't for the exe file that is sucking all the CPU. You can see it when you open the TaskManager ...
        It is weird.
        Do you think that something is missing.
        Maybe if I could get a trial of VPC7 for Mac and see if that works.
        I don't know ... I know that I have more or less 8 users that has got Mac and shold do they same thing sooner or later ... I guess I can 't just tell them to change their own iBooks ... ((
        Thank you for caring and helping

Chris

Comment

I don't know that much about Macs. If the original CD doesn't work then that's your first problem to solve. Are you dealing with copy protected applications or non- copy protected applications. I'm not sure the even latest copy protections will supported running in virtual machines, if you called tech support for the programs you're trying to use they might admit to you that its not supposed to work in a virtual machine. But if its not a copy protected disc(s) such as a Microsoft Office install disc- I can't imagine having any problems trying to use that.

Okay, Hope I made sense .
          the modern world:
          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Makes sense but ...

Thank for your interest and sorry for all this time ... I have tones of things to do.
            Anyway, I have to admit it is strange. The CDs are original and there are protections ... I don't remember them right now but if you think you would understand everything by looking at them i can scan the CDs and tell you.
            The strange thing is that on my PC the images I created works fine together with Daemon. Why do I created these images? Simple, if you don't have the Cd in the CD-Room the program won't work and sincerely to keep inserting, opening the program find the word (it is a dictionary), close enter the other Cd open it and keep doing this for the whole day ... it is not what I call a friendly program ...
            Now in these days I also try to use VPC with XP and 98 on my PC mounting XP ... it doesn't work! Shocking to me. Then I try to put in the CD-Room and use the program directly from the original CD ... I haven't thought of that before ... stupid? Might be ... Anyway, it doesn't work ... really shocking ...
            Ideas???
            I believe there is a connection missing in VPC, so if you know a better program to emulate Window ... either 98 or Xp ... let me know. It must be for Mac but if it is usable for PC too ... could you just let me know where I can download them ...
            I am really running out of ideas ... *____*

Thank you so much again ...
            Have a nice day

Chris

Comment

Working...
            X