Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 50

Thread: Daemon Tools and Addware!

New User

Ausrufezeichen Daemon Tools and Addware!

Hey,

When installing the new version of DT for x64, my virus checker found DT to try and install addware on my system! Does anyone know anything about this??
    the file SetupDTSB.exe is a Win32/Adware.SaveNow application.

Im interested to know why this has been put in Daemon Tools.

WanaGo

Quote Originally Posted by WanaGo
    Hey,

When installing the new version of DT for x64, my virus checker found DT to try and install addware on my system! Does anyone know anything about this??
    the file SetupDTSB.exe is a Win32/Adware.SaveNow application.

Im interested to know why this has been put in Daemon Tools.

WanaGo
    This is an option that you can choose to wherever install or not. This is for the team to continue with there work!
    Click here to visit my website.]

Master

Pfeil

Does nobody read the information on the download page?

This version has an option to install client-side software applications (DAEMON Tools Searchbar and Save Now) that deliver a limited number of behaviorally targeted and contextually relevant coupons, ads and comparative shopping results directly to consumers desktops - without compromising the privacy, security or smooth functioning of peoples computers! No URL hijacking or redirects! In order to support FREE distribution of DAEMON Tools we highly encourage you at least to try out this optional software! (you can remove it anytime later when you wish: via Control Panel-> Add/Remove Programs)

Default ...

I had previously thought it was impossible to download DAEMON Tools without seeing that .
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Experienced User

Quote Originally Posted by Underheaven
    I had previously thought it was impossible to download DAEMON Tools without seeing that .
    Sometimes I think, that some people don't want to read it
    My system
    Boycott Starforce!
    Wiederstand ist zwecklos! Ihr Assis werdet miliert!

lmao...
    I am beginning to think some people cant read at all...

Possibly they have learnt the words "Download" and "Next" and that is as far as their literacy goes......

Default Why is it labeled adware

Why does the installer not offer a CLEAR EXPLANATION that this software is being installed and that antivirus may think it is bad. Also, the user should have to interact to confirm that they are installing this, not set it by default.

Users have the right to want to only know how to 'read' "Download" and "Next". Dont you want downloading and installation of applications to be easy?
    It is possible to clearly explain to the user what the software is doing, while at the same time making it simple for the user.

I guess users of this kind of program are smart enough to know how to figure out what this is about. But think of all the searching efforts and scratching heads that you would additively save by simply adding a clear concise explanation screen to the installation.

I do applaud that DT at least TRIED to be upfront about the ad software. Most software isnt.

Experienced User

Quote Originally Posted by nyeates1
    Why does the installer not offer a CLEAR EXPLANATION that this software is being installed and that antivirus may think it is bad. Also, the user should have to interact to confirm that they are installing this, not set it by default.
    even if you miss the check box, you can cancel the adware setup at its EULA. so you cant really say you missed the option to not install

Experienced User

And you can uninstall it from the Control Panel, and yes i think that usually press on "Next" button without read.
    Mejor morir de pie, que no vivir de rodillas.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by nyeates1

Users have the right to want to only know how to 'read' "Download" and "Next". Dont you want downloading and installation of applications to be easy?
    It is possible to clearly explain to the user what the software is doing, while at the same time making it simple for the user.

I guess users of this kind of program are smart enough to know how to figure out what this is about. But think of all the searching efforts and scratching heads that you would additively save by simply adding a clear concise explanation screen to the installation.

I do applaud that DT at least TRIED to be upfront about the ad software. Most software isnt.
    So you believe that users have a right to be drooling idiots in front of their computer? If they can't even opt out of a single install that allows them to, how can they be expected to keep their machine safe from spyware and adware the rest of the time? I guarantee, anyone that believes they can just click next through an installer, already has a ton of malware on their machine. One more adware toolbar isn't going to make a difference at this point.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast