Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• won't work ...

hi !
    A week ago, it was all fine ... Now, it's a mess. The images I made using Alcohol 120% were protection emulated so I didn't need to turn on dtools emulation option for them to work. Now, even if I turn the emulation on, it won't work ... why? I tried reinstalling d-tools, it didn't solved the problem ... Can you help me out plz?

Have a nice day!

~:Lonfelk:~

What you mean by 'protection emulated'? What images?

Comment

protection emulated = in Alcohol, when making images, u can emulate the protection of te game so it will make perfect copies

images = backup of the CD

Comment

Maybe you mean RMPS?

Comment

Please have a look at these two articles, maybe they can clear things up for you: Some facts about SecuROM v4.8x and RMPS Walkthrough.

They explain the characteristics of SecuROM and how to copy it.

I assume you are talking about SecuROM-protected games as SafeDisc-protected games mostly don't need emulation when copied with Alcohol.

sG
          "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

the problem isnt in making the images, the problem is in the fact that the game dont recognize them as the cd anymore ... and when I put in the real cd ... still doesn't recognize ... wtf o.0 I had to reinstall my games twice .... the images just dont work but they used to work perfectly, creating new image doesnt work either ... help if u can plz.

Have a nice day!

Comment

Okay, first thing we need to know is which games you are talking about. Apart from that, please provide us with as much information about what has changed on your computer since it worked fine - new programs you installed, patches you installed for your games etc.

Just to sum it up once again:
              You had made some images of games that worked fine for some weeks, then eventually the games stopped working with both the images and the original CDs, is that right?
              "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Originally Posted by Sergei.Gradski
                Just to sum it up once again:
                You had made some images of games that worked fine for some weeks, then eventually the games stopped working with both the images and the original CDs, is that right?
                Yes, thats it!

Games are --> Age of Mythology(patch but worked fine with it before);
                INSERT INTO `portal_posts_text` VALUES
                Warcraft III (maybe because of patch 1.06);
                Diablo II (no patches). So I used the right protection emulation, and remake the images. Recently I came up with another problem but it's not about D-Tools --> When I install a game, the second time I run it, it doesn't recognize the CD anymore ... I don't wory about this though, it works fine on my friend's comp. I recently installed more RAM ... Windows XP (w/o SP1);
                no major updates done on the comp or Windows.

Thanks a lot!

Comment

Working...
                X