Windows 2003 Server Enterprise R2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 2003 Server Enterprise R2.

I tried the new 4.03 version and the server crashes during boot, about 3.1 bars of windows load screen. Any ideas?

GO to safe boot cancel any 3rd party RAID/SCSI drivers loading and remove DT. This solution helped me 2 times so i think i should help you too.

Peace

Comment

Originally Posted by Gt4kill3r
      GO to safe boot cancel any 3rd party RAID/SCSI drivers loading and remove DT. This solution helped me 2 times so i think i should help you too.

Peace

yeh well soz for noobing the question, is there any way to have v4.03 installed without the 3rd party raid/scsi drivers.

PS: i knew it was them from the start, also going to safe mode on server 2003 is wait of time, cus all u need to do is press f8 and select "last known good config" and it will load windows to the point right after you double-clicked the DT setup, and all u do is click exit. :wink:

Comment

The forums are moderated, that's why your posts don't show up immediately. Don't double post.
        "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

me back!

well any ways chaps i still cant use any of the v4's, and the reason is cus of some sorta fancy coding in sptd.sys. When i load it at start up the computer dicides to restart so no good. Last Config works like a charm but v4 no .

Any chance having V4 withough the fancy sptd?

Comment

We would be very interested if you posted your hardware configuration. Anything causing reboots is something that needs to be fixed right away.
            the modern world:
            net helpmsg 4006

Comment

In general, DT 4.03 should work on Server 2003. I tested it on 2 different Systems, and it worked fine. So there must be a Conflict with a specific Driver, Hardware or Software on your System. Therefore, your detailed Configuration and the Minidumps of your Crashes could be helpful.

Comment

unable to UN-INSTALL the drivers of DT4

hi there.

I was unable to post elsewhere:

my problem is : I am unable to install the two devices from my system: SCSIVAX DVD/CD rom SCSI cd rom device, and the : VAX347S SCSI controller. I tried to uninstall DT4 but it left those installed.

I tried also the uninstaller tool in the downloads section.

now there is a virtual drive in my sistem and securom CD-s will not work.

pls try to fix this.

my email: martin5 "@" freemail.hu

it is also okay to delete my new post by an admin, but pls give me some hint how to fix this.

cheers!

Comment

The SCSI controller and device are Alcohol's not Daemon Tools' - so nothing to "fix".
                  Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
                  They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Originally Posted by Underheaven
                    We would be very interested if you posted your hardware configuration. Anything causing reboots is something that needs to be fixed right away.
                    HARDWARE CONFIG:

Version: 5.2.3790 Service Pack 1 Build 3790
                    CPU: P4 3.0g
                    HDD: SATA WD74 Raptor, SATA 5xWD250, SATA 1xWD400
                    DVDRW: IDE PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-110D
                    LAN1 Onboard: Intel(R) PRO/1000 CT Network Connection
                    LAN2 PCI: Realtek RTL8169 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
                    GFX: Radeon 9800 Pro
                    RAID1: Silicon Image SiI 3112 SATARaid Controller
                    RAID2: Adaptec Serial ATA HostRAID
                    RAID3: Adaptec Embedded Serial ATA HostRAID

there is not hardware problems i check everything, and no dumps, the server just kicks. dunno why.

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper
                      The SCSI controller and device are Alcohol's not Daemon Tools' - so nothing to "fix".
                      Any ideas what to do then. Should i tell Alcohol about this or do you want to do it?

Comment

Remove the sptd.sys in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers.

Comment

Originally Posted by martin555
                          hi there.

I was unable to post elsewhere:

my problem is : I am unable to install the two devices from my system: SCSIVAX DVD/CD rom SCSI cd rom device, and the : VAX347S SCSI controller. I tried to uninstall DT4 but it left those installed.

I tried also the uninstaller tool in the downloads section.

now there is a virtual drive in my sistem and securom CD-s will not work.

pls try to fix this.

my email: martin5 "@" freemail.hu

it is also okay to delete my new post by an admin, but pls give me some hint how to fix this.

cheers!
                          Remove the sptd.sys in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers.

Comment

Originally Posted by Bladeinger
                            In general, DT 4.03 should work on Server 2003. I tested it on 2 different Systems, and it worked fine. So there must be a Conflict with a specific Driver, Hardware or Software on your System. Therefore, your detailed Configuration and the Minidumps of your Crashes could be helpful.
                            my server system info export:

Comment

Working...
                            X