No announcement yet.

What burning software do you recommend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I will try to answer as good as it gets.

1) yes, we're already working on it.

2) yes, there is new plugin maybe even in next DT Pro which
    we release soon. It interconnects DT Pro with Astroburn

What concerns about the copy-protection burn capabilities,
    I guess we have different opinions here. I see no demand for
    such feature. Simply because alot of such protections cant
    be copied anymore - especially to DVD. And because its also
    anyway useless. Why burn 1:1 when you can burn just image-
    file and mount from DVD? (Although this is imho also not really
    "ideal" as this means again loudness, annoyance from optical
    media, far lower speed etc etc)

We might implement later RMPS-feature. If we develop even
    "real" 1:1 copy is questionable - atm. I see no good reason
    for it. For backup-purposes, Astroburn exactly fit your needs
    - even exceeds them, as it offers here also encryption and
    compression that you can hardly use in a 1:1 copy.
    And backup-purposes and more convenient usage is what we
    work on, thats what DT Pro stands for. Just use the image-
    files "as is" and burn the files directly to disk.

Comment

Burning games these days would be quite expensive too, as almost all new games are over 4 GB and need to be burned on expensive dual layer media.
      I prefer using a large harddisk to store all my images. If I would burn them all it would cost me a lot more than the price I paid for the harddisk. External HD's are becoming very popular lately, because they're actually a fast, cheap and reliable way to store large amounts of data. I've seen 500 GB external drives (USB2) in stores for as little as 100. You can store a lot of game images on 500 GB

Comment

External HD its nice but its not safe. If tomorrow your disc fail, have mechanical problem and can't do nothing to recover it, imagine the numbers of Releases, games etc... u would lost ?
        I'm buying games and very often because i or my family use them too much often, Original disc fall down and its sometimes hard to get the Guarantee from the Author. So, we have to buy a new copy which i find it Unfair.
        For this reason i wanna have a full backup copy of theses games to use them to preserve the Original Disc in case my duplicatas would failed. Of course i also appreciate mounting the file from an External HD, but look, in 2 years ago my 500 Gb hard drive had a default which didn't shown instantly but a few months laters, i lost all copies and couldn't do anything to recover Datas...
        So having an External HD can just help but its not safe.
        So yes, i'm burning to DVD and presentely i burn the image file as u said on a disc, but actually Deamon Tools is blacklisted from Securom etc... so even if i try to mount the image it doesn't work, not anymore excepted for my older games like Diablo 2, Warcraft 3, which are working great, i put all images i made on a Single DVD which is Great, it working awesome on my Players from every of my computers. So this is good for Lan Games. Every computers doens't have External HD, only mine does but not the house its too much expensive, so you see, having copy on disc is very important for me at least.

Comment

Originally Posted by PegHorse View Post
          ...but actually Deamon Tools is blacklisted from Securom etc... so even if i try to mount the image it doesn't work...
          Yesterday new version of DT lite was released. There should be no blacklisting issues anymore with Securom.
          Of course you still have to use YASU to cloak drive(s).
          But in times of Blacklisting RMPS is a nice alternative.
          Last edited by Terramex; 15.12.2007, 11:45.
          I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
            Yesterday new version of DT lite was released. There should be no blacklisting issues anymore with Securom.
            Of course you still have to use YASU to cloak drive(s).
            But in times of Blacklisting RMPS is a nice alternative.
            Really ? Thanks for the info i'll give it a try.
            But i'm Pro Customer, so if the lite has been released first, the Pro should come soon.

Comment

The Pro was released before. Give it a try.
              Elfen Lied - unangefochtene Spitze der Animes.
              Habt ihr was an der dt. Sprachdatei zu meckern?
              Schreibt mir eine PN!
              If you've got questions that do not concern to account or hardware incompabilty stuff, you can write me a PM. Otherwise use our forum!

Comment

@PegHorse
                Either it wasn't there or i just didn't notice your customer tag
                I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Working...
                X