Kernel Debugger issue...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SPTD Sucks

Ok, after extensive, and I do mean extensive searching about problems related to DT and Alocohol, I can pretty much say that the problem is indeed Windows update related. Alcohol used to work on my comp when I had XP sp1... I recently did a format (actually a few times because of this problem) with XP Sp2 and although didn't update xp completely, did add the necessary security updates. I have tried to go into safe mode and delete sptd.sys and sptd****.sys and reboot. All that does is bring up Alocohol again and want me to install SPTD again (because it knows those files are missing). Someone mentioned disabling the kernel debugger, that also doesn't work. AFter reading so many stories like mine, it looks like something in the windows update is screwing this all up and until DT or Alcohol gets their asses in gear and fixes the SPTD problems, it will just continue to be more annoying. They should at least already have a hotfix out for it. It's sad, really.

Comment

Well after lots of formats, researching, and hair-pulling, it seems as if the only soultion for me to get Alcohol 120% to work (if I may correct my above post) was to de-activate the kernel de-bugger (right click on my computer, properties, advanced, startup and recovery settings, then change it to "none"). I don't know about DT yet... we shall see.
      Last edited by nickknaack; 03.06.2006, 12:24.

Comment

pointing to thread New WinXPx64 update breaks Daemon 4.03x64!

do NOT post here regarding the Windows 64-bit security update/patch "kb914784". This is the wrong thread and your post will be removed.

The proper thread for talking about that patch: New WinXPx64 update breaks Daemon 4.03x64! .

Update: That thread is now closed. We don't need comments on that update/patch anymore. Read what is written if you want to learn about the patch situation.
        the modern world:
        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

I've been having problem with this after installing Daemon tools...it asked me to disable kernal debugger, I did, and now I get errors with my computer starting up (it turns off sometimes) and I have to start it up multiple times and whenever Daemon tools shows up in the start up, it gives me an error message saying "product not installed". Help is welcome.

Comment

What OS are you running? What version of Daemon Tools?

Comment

Re: product not installed

I think the product not installed message is from DAEMON Tools 3-series but the information about kernel debuggers is from the 4.xx install program. Trying to launch an older version of DAEMON Tools at startup? Can you manually locate daemon.exe and load it?
              the modern world:
              net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by Underheaven
                I think the product not installed message is from DAEMON Tools 3-series but the information about kernel debuggers is from the 4.xx install program. Trying to launch an older version of DAEMON Tools at startup? Can you manually locate daemon.exe and load it?
                Actually, after uninstalling it, I redownloaded Daemon tools and it's been working fine ever since. Like I said, it's only on turning off and turning on my PC is when I problems. It's V4.03HE.

Comment

Originally Posted by Jenga
                  Actually, after uninstalling it, I redownloaded Daemon tools and it's been working fine ever since. Like I said, it's only on turning off and turning on my PC is when I problems. It's V4.03HE.
                  Do you think DAEMON Tools is causing a problem upon system startup and shutdown? I would put the blame on some other component.
                  the modern world:
                  net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Do you think DAEMON Tools is causing a problem upon system startup and shutdown? I would put the blame on some other component.
                    It's been doing this ever since downloading daemon tools. And I still get the product not installed message. Is there any way to re enable the kernal debugger? I've been having this trouble ever since disabling it...so MAYBE everything will work again by re enabling it. (I'm willing to do this even if it means I can't use daemon anymore)

Comment

It's been doing this ever since downloading daemon tools. And I still get the product not installed message. Is there any way to re enable the kernal debugger? I've been having this trouble ever since disabling it...so MAYBE everything will work again by re enabling it. (I'm willing to do this even if it means I can't use daemon anymore)
                      You're system doesn't have a kernel debugger unless you installed such a program yourself. A kernel debugger is a piece of software that programmers use. So yes, try removing DAEMON Tools from your system but my guess is the problems won't go away.
                      the modern world:
                      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

You're system doesn't have a kernel debugger unless you installed such a program yourself. A kernel debugger is a piece of software that programmers use. So yes, try removing DAEMON Tools from your system but my guess is the problems won't go away.
                        Yep. You're right. Also, is it just me or the forums REALLY slow? I didn't mean to actually make that third post, I made it after the first didn't show up.

Comment

Yep. You're right.
                          Did you also remove SPTD either manually or via the "sptdinst_x86.exe remove" command?

the forums REALLY slow?
                          The forums are moderated for users under 20 posts so you're posts won't appear until they have been cleared.
                          the modern world:
                          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

kernel debugger issue

Hi! My first post...I had the same error after an xp64 autopatcher update (june). I found this forum looking for help. I thought before I got into something a little out of my ken I would just re-install daemon tools. It worked for me!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by bocin
                              Hi! My first post...I had the same error after an xp64 autopatcher update (june). I found this forum looking for help. I thought before I got into something a little out of my ken I would just re-install daemon tools. It worked for me!!!
                              If you downloaded DAEMON Tools 4.03HE since yesterday then you downloaded a fixed version (new version is compatible with the x64 windows patch). The version number stays the same, its still 4.03
                              the modern world:
                              net helpmsg 4006

Comment

How To Activate Kernel Debugger?

i installed daemon tools and just like everyone else it told me it would deactive kernel debugger. Now my Norton AntiVirus isnt working at all. How can i reactive kernel debugging to get my antivirus working again?

I've already tried uninstalling it and reinstalling... doesnt work.

I dont understand... Someone please help me. I've searched on forums and websites and cant find a solution.

Comment

Working...
                                X