Kernel Debugger issue...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kernel Debugger issue...

when I try to turn on my daemon tool,it says that the program require at least window 2000 with SPTD 1.21 or higher and need to deactivate Kernel Debugger.
    It's strange my daemon tool v4 was working until recently O_O?
    Help?

This warning is displayed to everyone one time during the install process. Are you seeing this message at bootup? What anti-virus software are you running (try to disable it as well as any debugers or special programming tools)?
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

I have the same problem

I'm running xp pro SP2.
      I've tried 4.0 and 4.3 with same problem.
      I'm running Norton Systemworks 2006 with internet security.
      Also running Alcohol 120 (wasn't installed with 4.0) and Nero burning software but I don't have easy cd creator.

I've gotten this kernel debugger message at startup every boot. Also every boot I have to select "use last configuration that worked" and this either uninstalls DT or disables it as I have to reinstall to get it to work again. If I don't use last configuration then my system won't boot it stops at the windows boot screen.

I've tried removing the SPTD.sys and disabling Norton to no avail.

This whole boot problem was annoying enough to remove v4 but i still got the debugger message every boot even though DT wasn't installed. This didn't go away until I installed 4.3 and used its uninstall feature to take DT back off after having the same boot problems I'd hoped 4.3 had fixed.

I've decided to leave off DT and use alcohol until these bugs are fixed because of all the hassle but I wanted to post my problems in hope of helping out the fix.

Comment

Got the same problem,however sometimes daemon starts and work as normal,also,if i already mounted a cd,they will be mounted...but this is just so fucked uo
        Had daemon for 2 years now,just for 2 weeks ago this problem occured,and no,i did not reinstall,it just happend,and it says the same thing as topic maker wrote.

Comment

right i just installed Daemon Tools and life was once again
          all peachy and bright

but as things will, i rebooted and thats where things got dark
          now i get

initialization error.
          This program requires at least windows 2000 with sptd 1.24 or higher.
          Kernal debugger must be deactivated

as im running XP im thinkin its gotta be my "kernal debugger"
          ? where is this, how do i deactivate it or should i even try?

i also got the problem with it freezeing at the boot screen
          and having to start with my last known good configuration

the thing is if things go wrong for me i normaly just delete the program
          and pretend it never happend (it pretects my ego , i dont like feelin thick)
          but when i try the uninstall it tells me
          it doesnt reckonize wot its sposed to be doing and then just sits there mockin me
          i could just delete the files but im sure that cant be healthy

anyway thanks for takin the time to read this
          and if any of you are able to help
          please do

Comment

guys i might have a solution,take off "auto start" on daemon tool,i can now use my daemon withgout this problem.
            Atleast its been working for days now...
            Might fukk up now when i said it,but hopefully its over :wink:

Comment

fuck it...now its the same again

Comment

Have you guys ever tried to turn off the "noexecute" flag in your "boot.ini"?

Normally "noexecute" is enabled after you installed xp.

Just edit your "boot.ini" and put the following into it:

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Micro soft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=alwaysoff /fastdetect

Just try it out. It just crossed my mind after reading your posts.
                Don't be reckless with other people's hearts. Don't put up with people who are reckless with yours.

Comment

I fixed it,underheaven was right,whenever i started my pc and daemon did awork it also said,Kpsf could not start,so i searched for that file,and found it was a errorsafe anti virus program,and i took it away,and voila.
                  Daemon works perfect now

Comment

Windows sevice pack 3

I noticed the same thing happening to my computer as soon as i installed the service pack 3. This is something that daemon tools should try to work around as i dont want to have to compromise my security to use it

Comment

what do you meen by security?
                      System vulnerabilities? if yes, install W2K sp4.
                      Net vulnerabilities? if yes, mount a linuxbox with shorewall (win based firewall aren't sure enough) or better, get a real firewall box from netgear...
                      Carpe diem

Comment

The Error Noooo!!!!

This thing isn't making sense , its as if quezcatol is talking about another kind of bug
                        and as if he didn't have this kernel debugger problem.

What underheaven said isn't fully right , i haven't installed any protection software yet and im getting this error it doesn't have anything to do with the anti-virus softwares.

And i got this error when i reinstalled my windows XP sp2 on top of my existing windows to repair my windows because there was missing files , so when the reinstallation was done i started getting this error :

"Initialization error.
                        This program requires at least windows 2000 with SPTD 1.21 or higher. Kernel debugger must be deactivated."

And i've tried searching for this kernel debugger in my computer but i haven't found it any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally Posted by OMEGAXOX
                          "Initialization error.
                          This program requires at least windows 2000 with SPTD 1.21 or higher. Kernel debugger must be deactivated."
                          This message simply means that SPTD is not installed/present on your computer. SPTD is a driver that Daemon Tools v4.x depends on in order to function. Personally, I can't say for sure why SPTD isn't installed properly on your computer, but I suggest the following:
                          • Go to the Downloads section and find SPTDinst_X86 (or SPTDinst_X64 if you're using Windows XP x64 Edition)
                          • Download it - preferably to a location that will be simple for you to locate later
                          • Run "sptdinst_x86.exe add". For example, if you downloaded the file to C:\Temp, you could click Start -> Run (or simply press Windows key + R) and type c:\temp\sptdinst_x86.exe add. Obviously, if you downloaded the x64 version, you should substitute "sptdinst_x86.exe" with "sptdinst_x64.exe".

I hope this can be of help to those of you who experience this issue.
                          Last edited by mastermind; 22.02.2006, 01:53.
                          Imagination is more important than knowledge. --Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally Posted by mastermind
                            This message simply means that SPTD is not installed/present on your computer. SPTD is a driver that Daemon Tools v4.x depends on in order to function. Personally, I can't say for sure why SPTD isn't installed properly on your computer, but I suggest the following:
                            • Go to the Downloads section and find SPTDinst_X86 (or SPTDinst_X64 if you're using Windows XP x64 Edition)
                            • Download it - preferably to a location that will be simple for you to locate later
                            • Run "sptdinst_x86.exe add". For example, if you downloaded the file to C:\Temp, you could click Start -> Run (or simply press Windows key + R) and type c:\temp\sptdinst_x86.exe add. Obviously, if you downloaded the x64 version, you should substitute "sptdinst_x86.exe" with "sptdinst_x64.exe".

I hope this can be of help to those of you who experience this issue.
                            I tried what you just said and i got this message

This program will install SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD) layer on your computer. WARNING - SPTD is not compatible with kernel mode debuggers (SoftICE, WinDBG etc.)! Please cancel setup if you plan to use kerlnel debugger on this machine.

and when i click OK i get this crash

Failed to oped confid key.

And yes it says "oped" microsoft typo

I hope you can still help and thanks advance

Comment

Originally Posted by OMEGAXOX
                              and when i click OK i get this crash

Failed to oped confid key.

And yes it says "oped" microsoft typo

I hope you can still help and thanks advance
                              I've never encountered such a problem with Daemon Tools or SPTD before myself, but it sounds like it could be a problem accessing the registry.

Is sptd.sys already present on your computer (although not working properly)? If it is, it's located in the %windir%\system32\drivers folder. Please rename it to something else and reboot. Try running SPTDinst_x86.exe add again after the reboot.

SPTD locks one of its registry keys when active, and that's why I suspect that it could already be present on your computer. I don't understand why it should be failing, though. If sptd.sys is not currently present on your computer, it would be logical to assume that some sort of security software is causing the problem.

I don't think that the error message comes from Microsoft, by the way. It's probably the SPTD installer that displays the message.
                              Imagination is more important than knowledge. --Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X