No announcement yet.

Kernel Debugger issue...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am not sure if this is already mentioned but after the update of Comodo firewall to the latest version (4), daemon tools displayed this error.

The only solution was the uninstallation of Comodo.

Comment

• Disable C+ (in settings the option which requires a reboot) and after a reboot it is working.
      Last edited by Blazkowicz; 28.09.2010, 21:45.
      Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
      Peace Through Power

Comment

• Thanks for the quick response

I can't find this option (I have only firewall installed - not Defense+ or Antivirus) but I was able to reinstall Comodo and now both function as expected.

Comment

• Defense+ tab -> Defense+ Settings -> Check "Deactivate the Defense+ permanently (Requires a system restart" -> Reboot
          Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
          Peace Through Power

Comment

• Thanks Blazkowicz. That should do the trick

Comment

• Comodo v4

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
              Defense+ tab -> Defense+ Settings -> Check "Deactivate the Defense+ permanently (Requires a system restart" -> Reboot
              Disabling an entire section of a security suite is a bit excessive.

Go to the Defense+ tab, Defense+ Settings, Exclusion Control Settings tab, (at the bottom) Exclusions button... add 'daemon.exe' to the list.

This resolved the window at bootup and when launching the Daemon Tools Lite frontend manually for me.

Comment

• didnt work

Originally Posted by Sway View Post
                Uninstall DT. Open Register Editor (Start -> Run... -> regedit), navigate to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\SPTD

and change Start value to 4.

Now reboot, navigate to this key again and change permissions on this key - right click on the key -> Permissions and set Full Access to Everyone .

Delete this key, reboor your PC and install Daemon Tools again.

Note: It is strongly recommended to disable all security software during installation SPTD/DT.
                Well it would work but when i want do delete the stpd key its says im not allowed to remove. Got any idea how to delete without this error?

Comment

• Oww forgot to say im having the problem since i upgraded my vista to windows 7. before the upgrade it worked perfectly.

Comment

• Originally Posted by terrorownz View Post
                    Well it would work but when i want do delete the stpd key its says im not allowed to remove. Got any idea how to delete without this error?
                    You must enable all permissions of cfg key (right-click on cfg -> Permissions) first. Be sure to reboot before (after disabling SPTD), and afterwards (before re-installation)!
                    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
                    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

• 21 pages! This issue really needs to be fixed!

My Daemon recently stopped working and I'm aware of absolutely no changes in my system that could have caused this!
                      I didn't have that STPD-whatever thing installed, so I installed it manually from the link on the previous page but it didn't work. Why do I need that program now, I've never needed it before?

I have Microsoft Security Essentials installed - and until just now it hasn't caused any problems with Daemon.

Not sure how to copy my processes to here and I don't want to write them all manually (like 10 svchost I noticed just now, is that normal?)

MsMpEng.exe says it's an "antimalware service exe", maybe that one's bad? I have no idea.

Comment

• My Daemon is now fixed and working....

I had the exact same problem as many of you. And, I went hunting for a solution. I knew my computer skill weren't up to the task, but my detective skills are. I've already done this on my computer; It was very simple. Daemon is up and running!!!!

Here is the blog that I found the answer on: Re-Installing Daemon Tools Lite (and SPTD) on Windows 7 (I copied right from the bar)

I did only one thing differently. I did after my deletions receive the "fail to open service key" message. Just reboot; I didn't do anymore deletions. I then re-installed the SPTD as the administrator. Reboot as instructed. I already had Daemon loaded, but if you don't, install. I hope this help all the others out there suffering like I was. Good luck and pass on to anyone you know suffering....

Comment

• Thank you "TheRoyaleOne" for posting that link to that very helpful blog, it fixed my issue and I'm grateful for the info, thanks,

Comment

• Guys download Demon Tools 3.47 and install it.Works for me no more problem.Here is link Download DAEMON Tools 3.47 - FileHippo.com

Comment

• kernal

Guys I know what's wrong check these steps

1-you might have a virtual machine in one of your disks e.g+i did that to my disk and it
                              enabled kernel debugger

2-theirs something wrong with your OS reinstall it by FORMATTING IT.

4-theirs another copy of Daemon tools on the computer

5-you have got 2 or more OS's running on your computer if you used a virtual machine

other than that I don't know.

Make sure u ain't using NO virtual machine becuase DAEmoon tools makess virtual machins to make C-D

Comment

Working...
                              X