• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ETA on Daemon Tools Pro?

Love the product...
    Paid and registered...
    ...but need more drives I can mount.

Any word on an ETA (even a guess), on DT Pro?

Thanks much,
    Andrew

pointing to thread Ide Disabler ?!?

Please see this post:

http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/showthread.php?p=39528
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Thanks... was not intending to be a pest, just looking for an update.

Maybe a very minor link on the main page (outside the forums?) with info/updates?

Just an idea... thanks!

Andrew

Comment

Any updates are posted here:

We all have to wait for them to announce news of further developement, no point asking as they will only tell when they are ready best let them get on with their work, we must be patient :wink:

Comment

i'm curious how many posts will follow of questioning always the same
          My sysProfile!

Comment

-LOL-
            Yeah, yeah, I know....

I run some forums myself, and hate the same thing.

I did use search, for about 5 mins, to try and find the answer...

All I could find, was a reference to some IDE feature that was a problem. It didn't relate to me, as I just want the program "as is", with more drives unlocked....

So, I asked.

Thanks,
            Andrew

Comment

I think the reason for that posting is, that nobody of the "bosses" says anything about that.
              I think, people would be satisfied with some sort of progress information.

Comment

Egosoft - who releases computergames - didn't tell when the (long awaited) patch for one of their programs would be released, they always said in their forum also "it's done when it's done". To stop the annoying questions - which came up every week at least once - they put up a progress bar with % values. Do you think you could do the same?

This would at least stop a couple of people asking and giving the rest an idea when it might come. Please consider this, thanks.

ragalthar

Comment

I agree DomiOh

But will be the value of there announcement? If they state it will be released in 2 days: everybody will be happy and in two days the forum will be trashed with postings about why the release is not done.
                  If they say they will need 4 weeks more time, many postings with "not very nice sayings" will be posted.

To me they can stick to their saying: "When it's done!", I can wait for the vIDE, I can still play my games from the original disks.

Comment

i totally agree with u goenk!
                    My sysProfile!

Comment

Hey guys, that's all cool and all.

In my case, I've built a system, for a charitable organization, where kids from 2-4 years old, will be using the computer.

Swapping CDs in and out, is not an option.

It doesn't hurt to ask, right?

Andrew

Comment

You can use some sort of scripting technology to make a game's icon perform many steps behind the scenes (mount the image, do something else, wait 10 seconds, load the game .exe file, etc). There are many methods mentioned on this forum (and tools in the download section).
                        the modern world:
                        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
                        X