No announcement yet.

StarForce new reliase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This battle is similar to the virus/anti-virus battle.
    Some say they're both made by the same people, to keep their business running.
    Who knows, maybe some DT coders also work for Starforce

Comment

That's a good one!
      I wonder who could be????
      So, mother goose has been messin' around in your egg salad, huh kid?

Comment

Its LocutusofBorg, you see he is allready Assimilated by them (StarForce)
        You weak pathetic fool, it's all to easy
        sysProfile (Click me)

Comment

Originally Posted by Reef
          Wouldn't be a bad thing, it would keep the updates coming without too much delay

(where's that 'tongue in cheek' smiley :wink: )

Comment

Originally Posted by Mystique
            Its LocutusofBorg, you see he is allready Assimilated by them (StarForce)
            You definitely confused the active and the passive part in that assimilation relationship
            "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Why ? Explain me plz
              sysProfile (Click me)

Comment

Because it's obviously Locutus who has assimilated and the StarForce staff who have been assimilated
                "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

I'm pretty sure one or more of the DT paying customers is a SF employee. When DT Pro will be released they want to be the first to fully examine it
                  and probably people from every other copy protection company you can think of

Comment

Originally Posted by NetSoerfer
                    Because it's obviously Locutus who has assimilated and the StarForce staff who have been assimilated
                    Ahh, now i understand

Bring them Down locutus
                    sysProfile (Click me)

Comment

SF lies!

The "new" DTv4 blacklist that the SF team is claiming is a farce. They worded it so it sounded like they were blacklisting DTv4, but they are referring to the SCSI detection that renders DTv4 virtual drives just as useless as any other. In reality, the SCSI blacklisting is the only actual improvement they've made in years.

That out of the way, I managed to get a virtual IDE A120% drive up and running after my third uncracked game fell into my hands (X3: Reunion BTW). It's buggy, and crashes, but when it manages to run correctly I can sure enough play anything, no extra tools needed. It makes X3 is so much sweeter now.

Now I read that the DT team is making a virtual IDE drive of their own and that makes me smile. A professionally created vIDE drive? Good call DT! I knew if I could come up with the idea, they sure had to as well. Hopefully they can finish theirs soon, because mine's been in production for a few months and it still isn't truly reliable.

Oh, and Hi, I'm new here!

Comment

This battle is similar to the virus/anti-virus battle.
                        Some say they're both made by the same people, to keep their business running.
                        I think you got that around the wrong way....
                        It would have to be that some Starforce employees have moved over to the side of the force, and joined the DT team....
                        No-one can be wholly consumed by the darkside forever....
                        SpeedLabs Inc. - Welcome to the real world...

Comment

I know someone who works for starforce on the distribution, and they are very excited about the new starforce release, but he said he's also sceptical about daemon tools dev team (he referred to them as thugs) he thinks the virtual ide will prove to be difficult to work with but he says his friend that works on the final draft coding is already planning a sophisticated blacklisting method so who knows...
                          we used to eat food but millionaire scientists got together & wanted us to eat a bunch of chemicals

Comment

@evilkittypiro: how did u manage to make a vIDE in Alcohol?!

@rjcali: SF wants to blacklist DT vIDE? looooooooool how on earth would they do that?
                            My sysProfile!

Comment

Originally Posted by LooDos
                              @evilkittypiro: how did u manage to make a vIDE in Alcohol?!
                              I actually was trying with DT at first, but A120% happens to have a leaked runtime taht someone also used to make many cracks for it. It was easier. Anyway, I made Windows think that the drive was IDE instead of SCSI through ID tags, not the program. So technically I made a vIDE through windows, using A120% as the host for the drive (What Windows refers to for info and the data stream). I really don't know how to say it any better without going into about 4 years worth of programming, lol.

If i can get the drive to work with any computer other than my own, I'll release the necessary modified files (or maybe even a fancy installer lol) so you guys can mess with it. That goes for any DT staff members listening as well. If my build becomes stable I'll give it to you guys to incorporate into DT.

Comment

yeah! that would be great!
                                My sysProfile!

Comment

Working...
                                X