StarForce new reliase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by evilkittypiro
    I actually was trying with DT at first, but A120% happens to have a leaked runtime taht someone also used to make many cracks for it. It was easier. Anyway, I made Windows think that the drive was IDE instead of SCSI through ID tags, not the program. So technically I made a vIDE through windows, using A120% as the host for the drive (What Windows refers to for info and the data stream). I really don't know how to say it any better without going into about 4 years worth of programming, lol.

If i can get the drive to work with any computer other than my own, I'll release the necessary modified files (or maybe even a fancy installer lol) so you guys can mess with it. That goes for any DT staff members listening as well. If my build becomes stable I'll give it to you guys to incorporate into DT.
    Sounds interesting.....

Comment

That might currently work, but in the end it is not an IDE-Drive, it is just a SCSI-Drive which is tagged as IDE... if that because more common, StarForce will do something against it... and becuase it is just tagged as IDE it will probably not be that hard to do something against this...

Comment

u may be right ghost 0, but better a workaround than nothing...
        My sysProfile!

Comment

I don't mind disconnecting my drives, but I do mind using a different anti-blacklisting tool for each protection.
          vIDE sounds great, but it still can and will be blacklisted. And then we're back to using stuff like SFN, SD4Hide, SR7.Stop, ...

Comment

@Reef: u could use CureROM which works for SR7 and SD4...
            and if u have your drives unplugged there's no use for SFN
            My sysProfile!

Comment

We will see when vIDE comes. It seems it will still take some time...

@Reef: The DT Team has promised, that we will get regular updates. Then the blacklisting should only be a problem for "some" days. Hopefully it will be so.

Comment

Originally Posted by LooDos
                @Reef: u could use CureROM which works for SR7 and SD4...
                and if u have your drives unplugged there's no use for SFN
                I tried CureROM with Stubbs the Zombie (latest patch). SecuROM still detects DT. It only works with the SecuROM Loader from the downloads section.

But the fact is that I don't like using all those different anti-blacklist tools. For now I just don't install the latest patches for Stubbs the Zombie and Serious Sam II, while I wait for a DT update

Comment

Originally Posted by ghost_zero
                  That might currently work, but in the end it is not an IDE-Drive, it is just a SCSI-Drive which is tagged as IDE... if that because more common, StarForce will do something against it... and becuase it is just tagged as IDE it will probably not be that hard to do something against this...
                  By your definition, SCSI virtuals drives are technically not really SCSI drives, which in essence is a controller interface. Not that I'm dogging you, just I like to think out loud.

But as for my vIDE drive, I made it adapt to a full IDE interface driver. It isn't just labeled differently, because then Windows would report that the interface is still SCSI to any queries even though the name says IDE. (This is actually why my drive is having problems. I don't know everything about how Windows uses IDE interface drivers.)

Oh, and Reef:

There technically is no blacklist for SCSI on protection software. It just automatically fails verification if you have any SCSI drives running while having IDE running as well. An actual list of good and bad SCSI drives would be huge, take a huge amount of effort to create, and still wouldn't be accurate as virtual drives could change drive IDs every time the list was updated.

Since there are an extremely large amount more IDE drives that would need to be put in a list, as IDE is the accepted standard connection interface of almost any home computer, actually making a blacklist and a whitelist for IDE is just infathomable. Combine that with the fact that they can't just do an auto-fail for IDE like they do SCSI drives, and you have the worst workaround to ever face the copy protection industry. Any rumors of protection companies already preparing for vIDE are probably false, especially since they wouldn't have a clue how the drives ran yet or how to isolate them for that matter.

Oh, and I barely got PoP:TT running on my drive last night, so I think it will work universally between all image types. It still crashes randomly though. I think I might have a memory leaking loop somewhere in my coding.

Comment

CompanyName = Russobit-M
                    ProductName = East Front
                    BuildSignature = 3.07.012.005, 27.01.06
                    No comments

Comment

wath next game is expected to be this new version i am anxious and worried about this version but i am trust in dt team , the fun is in the new they still call bugs to old releases wehn the dont want to say they have been defeat and yes meabe the virtual ide will be the next thing to do , wath programs i need to learn to make my own virtual drive c ,c++
                      or delphi pleas tell me i already know some c
                      tanks and i still suport dt wit the search tool bar
                      Amd Opteron 165 @ 2.6ghz
                      ATI HD2900XT 512mb
                      Asrock dual-sata2
                      2gb DDR400 Dual
                      X-FI Ftala1ty 64mb

Comment

Hmm... FrontLine 4.0... Sounds like trouble.

Comment

3.07.013.000, 23.01.06

Perfect run from dt 4.03!

Comment

Originally Posted by dm_gammer
                            3.07.013.000, 23.01.06

Perfect run from dt 4.03!
                            Which game?

Comment

Winter Challenge (c) Cyanide

Comment

Working...