StarForce new reliase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StarForce new reliase

To developers - did you read that? http://www.star-force.com/protection.phtml?c=83&id=769
    What are you thinking about it?

This and the new SecuROM blacklistings bring us back to the days of DT 3.47, where all kinds of third party tools were needed to get our games running...

Let's hope the devs can come up with a quick solution to this problem

Comment

Terrible news.

I am shocked.
      I cant see any details about the new SF.
      However,I dont think DT's efforts over 1 year is just what's claimed by SF.
      I think DT will break the new SF.
      Just now we need to calm down.
      I am little afraid about DTv4 with its IDE-jammer because I found SF3.6 can detect physical IDE driver even if I disabled them in BIOS.
      So far as I see,IDE-jammer is something to hide physical IDE driver.I wonder if DT's IDE-jammer can fool SF's check.

DTv4's IDE driver may be the only way to beat the new SF.
      Maybe the best way for me is waiting.

Comment

Only a matter of time
        lets wait and look what the IDE Jammer brings
        You weak pathetic fool, it's all to easy
        sysProfile (Click me)

Comment

Think about how many similar announcements were made in the last few years. And now think about how many copy protections there are that actually defeat Daemon Tools. (I'm not talking about compatibility problems such as with TAGES or SCSI blacklists which don't actually blacklist DT.)

Don't worry.
          "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

If the IDE-Jammer works similar to SFN (I read that somewhere here in the forum), I think it has no chance to beat SF.
            Then the only chance to beat it is the vIDE.

Comment

Originally Posted by NetSoerfer
              ..... or SCSI blacklists which don't actually blacklist DT.)

Don't worry.
              Hmmm,

... so DT suffers from some kind of second level blacklisting.
              But do you really think you can place a product in the market which heavily relies on a resource (SCSI Emulation) that is not available due to any reason?

From my pov DT is currently blacklisted.

I'm really looking forward to VIDE (SCSI is dieing slowly ... just a matter of time)

cu

Comment

@domioh: i dont think that the IDE jammer will work like SFN. if so there would be no progress =(
                but lets hope the best. for IDE jammer and vIDE!
                My sysProfile!

Comment

So they bring a new version of starforce out, so they claim it defeats DT4 ... why so surprised???

I would say it's a foregone conclusion that they would try to neutralize DT4, maybe they have!(temporarily) this is only to be expected. They are hardly going to sit back, hold their arms in the air & give up, they are going to fight back.

Now it's the DT developers turn ......... the game continues

Comment

The ironic thing about this is that the SF development team probably checks out this forum to see how folks are getting around their protection.

Comment

Originally Posted by streetwolf
                      The ironic thing about this is that the SF development team probably checks out this forum to see how folks are getting around their protection.
                      Most definitely! ... they will hang around all the important forums, joining in conversations, asking questions, trying to gain trust, watching, listening, learning !!!

You find a new trick today - they'll be working on fixing it tomorrow

Comment

I'm pretty sure one or more of the DT paying customers is a SF employee. When DT Pro will be released they want to be the first to fully examine it

Comment

Originally Posted by Reef
                          I'm pretty sure one or more of the DT paying customers is a SF employee. When DT Pro will be released they want to be the first to fully examine it
                          hihihihihihihihi

Comment

i think the battle between copy protections (mostly SF of course) and copy protectopn crackers will never end. because none of them will ever give up
                            My sysProfile!

Comment

Originally Posted by LooDos
                              i think the battle between copy protections (mostly SF of course) and copy protectopn crackers will never end. because none of them will ever give up

That's the sad truth, it seems especially this way with starforce who are putting out update after update to their drivers.

Workrounds will always appear but i think it will be starforce who will eventually have to re-vamp their software entirely if it wants to stay on top.

Bring on the new breed of games

Comment

Working...
                              X