No Language detected error???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Language detected error???

Every once and a while on both my computer and my mother's (don't ask LOL!) when the computer gets rebooted for whatever reason, as soon as windows loads up I get an error that says no language detected, and Daemon Tools refuses to load. It took me a LONG time to track the error to daemon tools, and the only way I can seem to fix it is to delete daemon tools and reinstall it. This isn't a major problem, and it doesn't happen THAT often, and I usually use it as a good time to check for an update ( :roll: ) but I would like to know if there is a way to stop this from happening. I run Win2K SP3 (so does my mother) and I havn't used daemon tools or changed it in any way in over a week (is it mad at me??). The only thing I've really done is upgrade my Nvidia display drivers, but I doubt that has anything to do with it. it's not super important, but I would like to know if there is anything I can do. Oh, I should mention that it wasn't the latest version that did this to me, but it has happened for almost every version starting at 2.8. I don't know if that's when it started or not, but I remember upgrading from that version because of the problem, and hoping it was solved in 3.00. I THINK I have 3.2 now, and will be installing 3.23 shortly. Thanks guys!

hm, I remember having a similar problem. Try going to start, run, then type C:\program files\D-Tools\daemon.exe and click ok (you might need to change paths).

Comment

Don't use any registry cleaners on your system.

Comment

Andareed: nope doesn't work when I restart it, thanks though!

VeNoM386: Yep, that'd probably be the cause! I just ran fixit2K and that was the first reboot afterwards. Thank you SOOO much! one question though, what does the reg cleaner delete that it shouldn't. If I make sure I uncheck that part before deleting them, then running a reg cleaber should be okay still right?

wow! thanks both of you for such quick responses!

Comment

If it deletes entries of DAEMON Tools who'll guarantee that it won't clean entries of other progs it shouldn't?!?!

Comment

It deletes something in Windows Installer section of registry. Authors of this program are plain idiots.

Comment

okay thanks for the help! I'll have to be more careful with my reg-fixing/editing. But at least I know what to look out for!

Comment

Working...
              X