Come and Visit my forum!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Come and Visit my forum!!

Sorry people I have not been on the D-tools website for a while. I Recently set up a gaming and emulation forum at:

[Edit]: Url has Changed, Either Check below, or the Next Page for the new link

It even has a section to discuss disc emulation software such as daemon-tools. Same rules apply there as they do here, Make sure you read the rules first. I am also looking for moderators, to moderate posts, when I'm not online, to be a mod you must be able to enforce the rules efficiently. So if you want to be a mod and are interested, drop me a line and pm me via the daemon-tools website, or post a reply on this thread, Look forward to seeing you there.

BTW If you register an new account, activation via email, and the sendmail function via board don't work properly, and are set to off, until I can figure out how to get them to work, so ignore the email.php error
    Last edited by Xtreme2damax; 23.01.2006, 04:35. Reason: Url link remove
    Xtemulation - Emulation News and Downloads
    Xtemulation Forums - Emulation Support

Maybe i give it a try but not yet, i didnt like the Design maybe you have more designs.
    You weak pathetic fool, it's all to easy
    sysProfile (Click me)

Comment

the design is indeed quite mixed up with different colors. may be distractive...
      My sysProfile!

Comment

i'll check back in a while - when there is hopefully something to read

Comment

Unfortunately, the title of your site doesn't match its content. I would not search the Elite Gaming-Clan-page for emulation questions. Maybe you should rename it!
          Last edited by Nemerov; 21.01.2006, 16:37.
          The Boardzombie's website.

Comment

Thanks for the Advice

Yeah I am gonna rename it, as soon as I find a way to, and also
            change my design, I agree it doesn't quite fit. What phpbb design off of phpbb.com would you all reccomend? Would steel graphite be ok? I have to download more designs off of phpbb.com, and upload them to the server, Thanks for the advice, I kind of thought it was a tacky design, and the name didn't fit, any other comments or advice greatly appreciated

Comment

Originally Posted by muffinhead
              any other comments or advice greatly appreciated
              OK, one more: People do not want to post in an empty forum, so I suggest that you write one or two elaborated tutorials for each subforum to have both content and a discussion starter.
              Beware of certain legal problems, though. I would not start such a project if I were you.

Comment

Originally Posted by Nemerov
                OK, one more: People do not want to post in an empty forum, so I suggest that you write one or two elaborated tutorials for each subforum to have both content and a discussion starter.
                Beware of certain legal problems, though. I would not start such a project if I were you.

I Changed the url as I speak, I'll upload more designs later, to replace that rather tacky design, As far as legal problems, I'm not quite sure I understand, because at my forums, warez or Illegal discussion, is not supported, tolerated, or even to be discussed, and It is prohibited, Although if you mean a tutorial or a topic starter, I can write my own, without the need for plagarism, and if I do use other sources, I know to provide a link or documentation to my sources, stating where I got my info from.

As I stated I'll upload more designs later, and the board email "sendmail" function, and activation via email is working now.
                Last edited by Xtreme2damax; 22.01.2006, 09:42.

Comment

Sorry for the Double post

I uploaded four new designs, with more to come later, changed the url (once again), and Changed the name, I'll add topic starters tomorrow, and hopefully this forum will be on a roll

My new Url is:

Look forward to seeing some of you there, and make sure you read the rules
                  Last edited by Xtreme2damax; 22.01.2006, 09:48.

Comment

Uhm, Muffinhead? A mate of mine just walked in here and saw your website's title... and he was wondering what it could be. I'm afraid your title is still a bit obscure!

Comment

Originally Posted by Nemerov
                      Uhm, Muffinhead? A mate of mine just walked in here and saw your website's title... and he was wondering what it could be. I'm afraid your title is still a bit obscure!

I seem to be having a bit of a problem, I'm suprised I did not notice that, must be because I've been up to 3:00 4:00 in the morning trying to get everything set up properly, and after usuaully 10:00 pm, I have a problem with concetrating, And thinking properly from being tired, I don't even know why I would put muffinhead, as muffinhead is my nickname, I change it, hopefully I'll get it right this time, sorry once again, but am having problems with setting this thing up right

[Edit]: I need to know where he is seeing that title,and the url he's visiting, because I revised everything, changed the url, by creating a new account, And when I go on the site it shows "extremegaming.addyour.net" for a title, and under that says, "Your one stop for gaming and emulation" news/discussion. I did not see anywhere where it said muffinhead, Maybe someone can point out where it's typed at, Thanks
                      Last edited by Xtreme2damax; 22.01.2006, 16:54.

Comment

Sorry yet again for another double post

ahh I see what he meant by the title, the title was not "muffinhead" , The title was the url of my website, however I changed it now, It now says "Extreme Gaming Discussion Board"

Sorry about that, I thought when you said uhh muffinhead, that I accidentely put my nickname for the title, when you actually were refering to my screen name on daemon-tools, sorry for the mixup

Comment

You seem to be confused

He only saw the URL. Why not change it to, let's say, EmulationPlanet? Or EmulationBoard...

Comment

I see now

I see what you mean, however I chose "extreme gaming, as my url and subdomain, because it is mostly a gaming forum, Although there are sections to discuss emulation, My forum is more targeted for gaming Discussion, than emulation, And seeing how mostly emulation fits into the gaming category, I wanted to stick with extreme gamers, And I cannot change the subdomain or the url again because I would have to register another account, install phpbb, redo the entire forum, and upload the designs to the server, which is a very painstaking process when, I'm on dial-up internet, Takes forever to upload, not to mention I'm not using the best ftp client, or the best isp(Bluefrog) ,and I also have connection problems. I'm using coffee cup free ftp, Would you happen to know of a better free ftp client? I really don't want to keep registering new accounts, and going through the long process of setting it up, I don't mean to dissapoint anyone, I'm sorry

I hope that won't keep anyone from visiting my forum
                            Last edited by Xtreme2damax; 22.01.2006, 20:26.

Comment

So you consider yourself an extreme gamer?

Comment

Working...
                              X