X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Moderator Forum

Hello Daemon Tools Moderators!

Copytrooper asked about a new forum for moderators only, and I think this is a great idea, this way we can discuss important things (like bans, f.e., or whole thread-deletes) better!
    I implement new forum here for moderators. Only moderators can see and use this forum!

Feel free to post anything that fit's best here. Or, f.e., if you want to kill (delete) a whole thread, you can move it to this forum so every mod can read it later - and I don't miss the funniest threads anymore, hehehe

Have fun
    Locutus

Re: New Moderator Forum

Originally Posted by LocutusofBorg
    [...] Feel free to post anything that fit's best here. Or, f.e., if you want to kill (delete) a whole thread, you can move it to this forum so every mod can read it later - and I don't miss the funniest threads anymore, hehehe [...]
    lol... good idea, i think. i mean the forum... okay, and the moving threads idea as well
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Yes, this forum would have been good for the Idontdidit1&2 incidents :mrgreen:
      but either way we got it now be sure to uncheck the "leave shadow topic"-checkbox if you move a thread to this forum if you intend to "delete" it for the public ...
      Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
      They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

What happend in this case?

Comment

The short story:
          He asked about some bin-files, I told him he should know how he created the images otherwise he should read the rules (in case he downloaded them somewhere);
          he answered nothing about how he created the images, but that he read the rules and paid attention not to break them (dґoh - this guy really thinks weґre stupid here or what!?);
          and that he had the luck that the WC3 copy he made works, so I told him if heґd created the images by himself theyґd work, and it wouldnґt be luck that they work, then I locked the topic and kicked him. Next thing you know is that he created another account, and spams the forum with a thread about the "complete morons moderating this forum", and that itґll be useless to kick him ґcause he could create hundreds of accounts to flood the forum - and here fun is over! - so kicked again, and threads deleted. Now he created a third account but didnґt post yet - weґll see :mrgreen:
          Swenske told me once to kick faster - now I did and I think it was right in this case ... but for future cases like this we have this forum now :mrgreen:
          Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
          They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Ah. I knew about the first part. I did not realize he was so stupid to create another account(s).

Comment

Do you send out an activation email after registration? I don't remember, but if you do, can't you just ban his email? Don't think he'd create email accounts just for registering and spamming here...

Comment

His email(s) IS banned... And yes, we send out activation emails. There is probably around 200 users who have posted nothing. And over half haven't activated their accounts :roll: . If the forum gets too slow, we can simply delete these users.

Comment

i just couldn't imagine somebody being so stupid to register new accounts with new emails every time he got banned... well maybe i just underestimated him... :mrgreen:

Comment

Working...
                  X