Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 168

Thread: SPTD.sys and other .sys problem

New User

Unglücklich Still nothing

I've tried the starforce removal utility, it found nothing as I expected, i watch my system very carefully for malware like that. Other than that, still no change, I'm also screwed out of emulation! I just had to find no-cd cracks for the games I really want to play, others are waiting for a fix.

It's really strange though that there are no workarounds, I'm sure there's more people that are having this problem, DT is probably on every other computer on this planet.

New User

I have the EXACT same problem. The system 'hangs' on startup. Can only be booted in safe mode by pressing ESC to avoid loading the SPTD driver. There is absolutely NO ERROR whatsoever. Same happens with the 3.47 driver or the alcohol 120 driver. This only happened AFTER installing 4.03 and using it for a while.

First occurence was when I tried to reinstall my copy of Indigo Prophecy from my 100% accurate backup images. The install would just hang after the second cd was mounted and at the next reboot the sptd problem would arise.

Second occurence happened apparently 'out of the blue' while I installed a nVidia driver. Wierd thing is that I installed a driver that I KNOW WORKED before on my system while I still had 3.47. It's the most stable driver version for my card (geforce 6600 from AOpen).

I've had a thread about this a few days ago, nobody seem to care. Seems like more and more people are having the same problems. Might be a problem with DT 4.x after all...

Thnx for the help copytrooper, but prosync1.sys isn't there. King Kong and everything with it is gone now. If people haven't understood this already, this problem appears to be happening with daemon 3.47, 4.00, and 4.03. ALL of them. Not just 4.xx versions. That is why it's so confusing. I can't find anything that would cause this problem out of the blue. I'll try to remove starforce drivers like you said, then I'll get back to u guys.

New User

I for one DO NOT have and never DID have StarForce on my system, yet I still encountered these problems just like everyone else posting here...

New User

Blinzeln

Quote Originally Posted by joshery420
    I have the exact same problems. Except that Alcohol 120% worked for about 2 weeks, then messed up. Daemon however just suddenly stopped working one day and it hasn't worked since. I've tried upgrading/downgrading the versions, but the same thing. If someone knows how to disable the windows Kernel Debugger, that would help. That is what it says when you install Daemon. Something like "Warning! SPTD is a scsi bus driver that is not compatible with kernel debuggers." or something to that extent. First off, why the hell do we even NEED a scsi bus driver? If someone knows how to disable the Kernel Debugger, that would certainly be a lot of help.

What I did when I had a "turn off kernel debugger" message was open My Computer Properties, click the advanced tab, click the startup and recovery setting button, and change the option for system core dump to [none]. Then I rebooted and Voila!

New User

Daumen runter Sounded too good to be true

Since i'm completely empty of ideas, i tried setting core dump to none. Then I rebooted and Voila! Nothing happened, computer still froze.

But now i know there's a bunch of people having same issue. If this thread gets big enough it'll be noticed, there has to be a workaround, we just need to find it.

I had the same outcome as daq. I tried the setting the mem dump to none, but all it did was... actually, it didn't do anything at all. I'm still waiting for DT to hopefully take more notice of this continuing problem. If we get lucky, then maybe they'll make it a top priority.

Reden OMGOMGOMG!!! I think that I found it!!!

ok, I think that I found the problem. It was in another forum by posted by VeNoM386. It talks about how to completely remove DT from your system. It's here at http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/t699...-tools-v4.html
    anyway, to make it short and sweet, go to C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers and delete "sptd.sys" and "dtscsi.sys" THis should fix the problem. At least it did for me. Well see if it stays fixed or if it's just a temp fix. good luck guys and I'll keep watching the posts!

Default sorry guys...

False alarm... It didn't detect the scsi port driver and it froze when I tried to restart. Damnit... thought that I had it...

New User

Lächeln Looks like I found a fix

I found this while searching for sptd.sys on google:

Have you ever gotten a "System File Error" when installing Daemon Tools. This is how i got mine fixed.
    It has to do with the SPTD drivers or files or whatever the hell it is.

1. run a search on "SPTD" (without quotes)
    2. delete the found files but leave it in the recycle bin just in case. i found 3 files (2 .sys files and 1 .pf file)and deleted them. might be different for you. as long as u find 2 .sys files, delete them (sptd.sys and sptdxxxx.sys [xxxx being a number])
    3. Then restart your pc. that error about daemon tools not initializing will pop up but if it doesn't all the better.
    4. run daemon tools installation file. It will then install the SPTD thing again and then restart the pc.
    5. the installation will then continue after reboot saying daemon tools is already installed and ask if u want to repair/reinstall or unintall. Select Uninstall and click ok.
    5. it will then say a device can't be removed. i think it's the virtual cd-rom drive it created. just select ignore every single time. if it doesn't appear all the better. if it gives an error about a device can't be removed, restart your pc else go straight to step6.
    6. Run the installation file again and it should install nicely without errors.

Do at your own risk. One way to remove this problem is to do a clean install of windows. since i was already going to do so i just tried out what was mentioned above and discovered it worked. so don't blame me if your pc get more messed up. but if you're like me and don't give a horses Bordar (Bordar is a kweyol word for you can guess what) then give it a try. I did this twice and it worked both times.

Death Scythe

It sounds too simple, but it worked for me. Thanks Death Scythe :-)

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast